SUFC latest January rumours 2014

Not joking Gaz mate, heard it from two different sources. If you remember, when he re-signed for us, Man U, Man City and at least one other Prem club were in bidding wars for him (Chelsea?, Arsenal? someone like that), anyway, just done a quick net search and found this, no smoke without fire, and all that.....

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/arsenal-man-utd-chasing-sheffield-utd-striker-diego-de-girolamo-4002704

I didnt even know that mate,well i cant imagine united turning that kind of wedge down[and i wouldnt blame em].So have you seen him play yet,and if so is he a bit special.

I didnt even know that mate,well i cant imagine united turning that kind of wedge down[and i wouldnt blame em].So have you seen him play yet,and if so is he a bit special.

Only seen him twice (think he has only come on twice), but yes he looked good, fast paced and accurate passing, when I first saw him he looked like a fast version of Kevin McDonald, spraying balls out left and right from the middle of the park. Cruciate injury took him out for almost a year, so just getting back to fitness. The Italians love him, and you would imagine they have a lot of good lads locally, so to keep flying him back for games makes me think he is indeed special. The Prem clubs have made no secret of the fact that they want him, so yes, I am resigned to the fact that we may sell. Shame, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

I am resigned to the fact that we may sell. Shame, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Sometimes? :hihi:

His father wants him to play in Italy. Not surprising really.

Not joking Gaz mate, heard it from two different sources. If you remember, when he re-signed for us, Man U, Man City and at least one other Prem club were in bidding wars for him (Chelsea?, Arsenal? someone like that), anyway, just done a quick net search and found this, no smoke without fire, and all that.....

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/arsenal-man-utd-chasing-sheffield-utd-striker-diego-de-girolamo-4002704

It was in the paper the other day so not just idle gossip. If anyone offers that you'd be mad to turn it down, he's had one serious injury so who knows if he'll get another. For an untested 18 year old clubs like us just can't turn down that sort of cash, no way he's worth it yet but if they'll pay then great for you

I honestly thought you were saying that tongue in cheek.:) So is it true then grapps.

On BBC website yesterday Gary, saying Man Utd & City to battle for him I think Chelsea mentioned as well. Never seen him but he MUST be some emerging talent for that kind of silly money talk.

On BBC website yesterday Gary, saying Man Utd & City to battle for him I think Chelsea mentioned as well. Never seen him but he MUST be some emerging talent for that kind of silly money talk.

we had the same hype , just like this over Conner Brown, a prospect via our academy but had a serious injury, never made a first team inpact and now at Oldham.

Another academy product we sold to Chelsea for £1m !! no first team impact here , and now at Barnsley.

Remember Jordon Slew?.another ,ok played a few first team games, we got £1m for him, he is now rotting in Scotish football.

They dont all make it, no matter what talent...

This guy is very good, had a serious injury, and theres always a risk , it could happen again, if the premiership clubs are offering silly money for an unproven player, one yet to make our first team(as a regular).....snap their hands off and wish the lad all the best for the future.. you cant hold the lad back if the premiership comes calling.......and again another feather in the cap of our academy...................

Yes the S6 usuals will point to us as a selling club, while of course forgeting we are a development club too!! our academy is a proven success. And perhaps the only positive area of Sheffield football the city can boast and be proud of.

Edited by POUNDSWORTH

If this kid is as good as people are saying why isn't he in Uniteds first team?

Don't know but know he's been long term injured, us fans are not privvy to managers thoughts mate

Been out for a year with injury Speedo, just back and played a youth game this week while getting match fit, scored two in thirteen minutes but hurt his knee, which was what put him out for a year, so he was taken off for safe keeping. All being well he will be playing the cup game on Sunday.

Been out for a year with injury Speedo, just back and played a youth game this week while getting match fit, scored two in thirteen minutes but hurt his knee, which was what put him out for a year, so he was taken off for safe keeping. All being well he will be playing the cup game on Sunday.

He came on as a sub last night in the Youth Cup ...Not sure they will risk starting him in the Cup Sunday G but, he might get a spot on the bench what you think ?

He came on as a sub last night in the Youth Cup ...Not sure they will risk starting him in the Cup Sunday G but, he might get a spot on the bench what you think ?

I would like to see him on the bench, give him a run out for twenty minutes.