More Range Rovers

Best car on the road - that's why people who can afford them drive them. Sadly I don't.

Best car on the road? :loopy: In what way? Comfort? No, The way they drive? no, Handling? No. Performance? No, off road capabilities? No.

Letting other people know you think you're better than them - yes

See alot more where??

Stuck in snow drifts because they're not the super off-roader their owners think :hihi:

I suspect that's more to do with them not turning the driver into a super off-roader as their owners like to think. ;)

Sorry Supertramp, it's obviously a long time since you've driven a Range Rover. The original was a groundbreaker, and extremely capable, and great in it's time, and the latest are simply fabulous and ultimately capable. However a lot of their drivers aren't.

Land Rover have tried to make them idiot proof but!!!!!

Whether you like them or want one????

Sorry Supertramp, it's obviously a long time since you've driven a Range Rover. The original was a groundbreaker, and extremely capable, and great in it's time, and the latest are simply fabulous and ultimately capable. However a lot of their drivers aren't.

Land Rover have tried to make them idiot proof but!!!!!

Whether you like them or want one????

I don't understand your question. However I was responding to someone saying they are the best car on the road when they aren't.

I don't understand your question. However I was responding to someone saying they are the best car on the road when they aren't.

Out of interest which car is..in your opinion..?

Edited by truman

Out of interest which car is..in your opinion..?
That's a fairly subjective question, isn't it? Outside of objective parameters that can be accepted by everyone (of which there are few, really, e.g. proven reliability), what makes a car "best on the road" for a person could be the worst to another person for very many different reasons, technical or not.

Personally, I'd say the Nissan GT-R, for reasons far too numerous to list, but -in a nutshell- as the pinnacle of automotive technology and driveability it currently epitomises (at its price, and all things considered).

But I can perfectly accept that someone most interested in stowage/seating capacity and economy at a "us mere mortals" price will disagree.

Without delving into the sociological/'status' aspects of a Range Rover, I can certainly think of plenty 'better' cars (at least as reliable, more economical, at least as roomy and capable offroad, easier to live with day-to-day in urban/semi-urban setting, cheaper) for sure.

Edited by L00b

That's a fairly subjective question, isn't it? Outside of objective parameters that can be accepted by everyone (of which there are few, really, e.g. proven reliability), what makes a car "best on the road" for a person could be the worst to another person for very many different reasons, technical or not.

Personally, I'd say the Nissan GT-R, for reasons far too numerous to list, but -in a nutshell- as the pinnacle of automotive technology and driveability it currently epitomises (at its price, and all things considered).

But I can perfectly accept that someone most interested in stowage/seating capacity and economy at a "us mere mortals" price will disagree.

That's basically my point..Supertramp says the Rage Rover isn't the best on the road ..I wondered what he thought was...

Me and my hubby own a range rover vogue, neither of us are footballers or drug dealers.....!!!

As for being unreliable.... Never had any problems with it....!!!

Your obviously just bitter you haven't got one....!!! :loopy:

Me and my hubby own a range rover vogue, neither of us are footballers or drug dealers.....!!!

As for being unreliable.... Never had any problems with it....!!!

Your obviously just bitter you haven't got one....!!! :loopy:

Why do all Range Rover owners think people are looking at them with jealousy and envy? You can get a 4 year old Vogue for £20k. You're not driving a Pagani, get over yourself

Why do all Range Rover owners think people are looking at them with jealousy and envy? You can get a 4 year old Vogue for £20k. You're not driving a Pagani, get over yourself

But, but, it's a Ranger Rover and it's big and goes brum brum.

But, but, it's a Ranger Rover and it's big and goes brum brum.

True, didn't really think of it like that