Dogs in Norfolk Park Cafe ?

As long as the dog is well behaved, I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed in cafés, pubs etc. I really don't see the problem. If you were sat at a table eating and I walked in with my dog and we sat at the next table minding our own business, how would that affect you?! You wouldn't even know she was there! She'd sit quietly under the table hoping for a chip to be dropped in her direction! You wouldn't hear her and you certainly wouldn't smell her!

As ll49 says, most dogs are much better behaved than many children (and even some adults!)

If the kids have been brought up the right way then you don't get noisy and annoying kids in cafes. If i went in and saw someones stinky animal in there then i would most likely walk out. Its enough to put anyone off! Same as cat owners who let their cats walk all over the kitchen worktops!!:gag:

Same for animals being trained correctly by their owners no?

What people let their pets do in their own home is up to them.

If you know a place allow in dogs, and you don't like it, go elsewhere. Easy!

You may find it hard to believe but not everyone is an animal lover, I am one of them. Although I would never hurt one, I certainly don't want to eat/drink with one in a café. I would never enter any eatery where dogs/cats are roaming about. No matter how clean they are, hairs etc. get everywhere.

Keep the horrible things outside.

Edited by cytine

I would if I had a dinner table! I eat on the sofa, my dog sits next to me.

I'd rather be in a cafe full of dogs rather than kids!

My dog is always clean, not stinky at all! Not like children in their dirty, stinky nappies!!

Dogs in your pic, dogs in your text and in the signature, you sound like someone who's entire life is all about dogs.

You may find it hard to believe but not everyone is an animal lover, I am one of them. Although I would never hurt one, I certainly don't want to eat/drink with one in a café. I would never enter any eatery where dogs/cats are roaming about. No matter how clean they are, hairs etc. get everywhere.

Keep the horrible things outside.

exactly my point!. what you do in your own home is up to you but bringing animals into places where OTHER people besides yourselves eat......NO.

You may find it hard to believe but not everyone is an animal lover, I am one of them. Although I would never hurt one, I certainly don't want to eat/drink with one in a café

I feel exactly the same about children! But obviously I have to tolerate them as it would be unacceptable for me to expect them not to be allowed in such places. Should be the same for dogs. Anywhere that children are allowed, dogs should be allowed too :)

---------- Post added 01-01-2014 at 21:58 ----------

Dogs in your pic, dogs in your text and in the signature, you sound like someone who's entire life is all about dogs.

And?! The dog in my pic is my dog. One of the rescues in my signature is where I got her from, the other is a rescue that I used to work for. But I don't see what that's got to do with anything to be honest!

I feel exactly the same about children! But obviously I have to tolerate them as it would be unacceptable for me to expect them not to be allowed in such places. Should be the same for dogs. Anywhere that children are allowed, dogs should be allowed too :)

There is no comparison between children and animals. You have completely got your priorities wrong. People like you are so narrow/single minded that you will not even try to understand another point of view, therefore, there is no point in discussing the matter .

People like you are so narrow/single minded that you will not even try to understand another point of view, therefore, there is no point in discussing the matter .

I could say the same about all the dog haters!!

Of course I understand that not everybody likes dogs, I'm not asking people to let my dog climb on them, lick their faces and let her eat from their plate! All I'm saying is if my dog was with me in a cafe, she wouldn't bother you at all!

Luckily not everyone thinks like you and there are lots of places that happily allow dogs.

As you say, no point discussing it so I'm off to the pet owners section where the nice, sensible people are!

To be fair if a place allows dogs that is up to them, if business is doing well then its all good, nobody is forcing anyone to eat there. plenty of other place around.

Not a dog owner, not a dog lover in all honesty but I wouldn't object to having one around me in a cafe. I'd rather sit next to a dog and eat my lunch than near to somebody smoking which was perfectly acceptable a few years ago :gag:

There are enough pubs, cafés and restaurants etc that do not allow dogs in, therefore if you're so against dogs being allowed in eateries you stick to the ones that do not allow them in. Simple!

This has turned into another thread moaning about dogs, there are worse things happening in the world - just get a grip and live and let live.

There are enough pubs, cafés and restaurants etc that do not allow dogs in, therefore if you're so against dogs being allowed in eateries you stick to the ones that do not allow them in. Simple!

This has turned into another thread moaning about dogs, there are worse things happening in the world - just get a grip and live and let live.

Well said :thumbsup: