The Waggon & Horses(Pesto) @ Millhouses Closed Down?

Looks like the Waggon & Horses at Millhouses has closed down (now known as Pesto in a pub).

Went last night and it was shut, with a sign on the door saying 'closed until further notice', plus it has been removed from the Pesto website.

It's a shame but doesn't surprise me. It lacked atmosphere and it didn't appeal to the casual drinker. It should have had a separate area for dining and then some comfy sofas by the fire for a drink and a nibble. I also though it was expensive when you added everything together.

Service and food was good to start with but it rapidly went down hill. Waiting nearly an hour for your food is not good enough.

Like I have said before, this type of thing works in Manchester and Leeds, but Sheffield is a completely different kettle of fish.

Not good for the area, the Cherry Tree has also closed again.

Sad to hear.

It would have done better in the City Centre.

That doesn't surprise me to be honest, the one meal we had in the Cherry Tree was shambolic and we haven't been tempted to go back. Our food took over an hour to arrive, was overcooked (burnt, even) and they overcharged us. Luckily we noticed the overcharge and they refunded us, but it didn't make a good impression.

Blimey. Not open long enough for us to try it. Saw it was closed when I was running past t`other day but thought they were just having a festive break.

It's a shame but doesn't surprise me. It lacked atmosphere and it didn't appeal to the casual drinker. It should have had a separate area for dining and then some comfy sofas by the fire for a drink and a nibble. I also though it was expensive when you added everything together.

Service and food was good to start with but it rapidly went down hill. Waiting nearly an hour for your food is not good enough.

Like I have said before, this type of thing works in Manchester and Leeds, but Sheffield is a completely different kettle of fish.

Agree they went for the all dining experience when they could have got a lot more trade if they looked more like a pub as well,with the park so close there was plenty of customers who would have called in for a quick drink particularly in the summer had it not looked so much like a dining only establishment and the beer was really expensive too.

Agree they went for the all dining experience when they could have got a lot more trade if they looked more like a pub as well,with the park so close there was plenty of customers who would have called in for a quick drink particularly in the summer had it not looked so much like a dining only establishment and the beer was really expensive too.

When we went a few months ago we couldn't believe it had changed We ended up going somewhere else because we didn't fancy Italian they should have left it alone it was a nice pub and it was ideal when you had been to millhouses park and fancied your dinner it doesn't surprise me if its closed.

Definitely gone, it's been removed from their website. Wonder what it will be next.

It'll take a brave person to take it on. Maybe if the greedy pub co lowered the rent someone might at least stand a chance of making something from it.

Definitely gone, it's been removed from their website. Wonder what it will be next.

It'll take a brave person to take it on. Maybe if the greedy pub co lowered the rent someone might at least stand a chance of making something from it.

No chance as a pub although I wonder if Thornbridge wished they`d taken that not the Beauchief - ?

I reckon a Chinese buffet would have a chance.