Meadowhead roundabout

coming back from iceland at 5pm going to greenhill and there has already been a bad crash on the roundabout, didnt see what happened but 2 cars involved, 1 was imbedded into railings with back end smashed

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I agree.

I am disappointed with what I regard as a backward step with regard to the change in road arrow markings.

But the Planners know best. Eh?

I agree too. The roundabout is better, but the arrows not so.

Does this mean the right turn arrows will now disappear on the Ecclesall Road roundabout, Brook Hill Road roundabout, and other major roundabouts?

If so, it's making roundabouts far less effective imho.

In Wiltshire I recall a major roundabout where the left hand lane was marked with a left/ahead AND right turn arrow, because it was more effective to have right turning traffic queuing in both lanes.

just close your eyes and tally ho!!!

coming back from iceland at 5pm going to greenhill and there has already been a bad crash on the roundabout, didnt see what happened but 2 cars involved, 1 was imbedded into railings with back end smashed

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

A think a bus.May have crashed the other night the.hazards were on and.it was in the round about

Went round it last night for the first time since the changes. It's much better.

If you can't easily navigate it then hand back your licence.

I noticed this as well. The middle lane is straight on and right turn, but everyone uses this to turn left onto the dual carriageway for the right turning immediately after. I have had a few close calls on that round about since the changes.

I noticed this as well. The middle lane is straight on and right turn, but everyone uses this to turn left onto the dual carriageway for the right turning immediately after. I have had a few close calls on that round about since the changes.

That's what it used to be.

I thought it was a bad idea to make the middle lane a left turn in the first place, but when they did that's the lane I used and I had a few close calls from people using the inside lane. Now it's only the left lane for left turning that's the one I use, so it seems like I will have to expect to have a few close calls from the outside for a while.

Went round it last night for the first time since the changes. It's much better.

If you can't easily navigate it then hand back your licence.

I have no problems navigating it. However if you cannot observe the dangers at junctions perhaps you should hand your license back.

Already had one women trying to drive into the side of me from behind because she got confused by the markings.

For the money spent and none improvement for a roundabout that didn't need any work on it bar resurfacing it's amazing what a **** up it is.

I noticed at the weekend that when you come off the roundabout on to Greenhill Main Road the right hand lane that takes you down Greenhill Avenue is marked 'B-Well' or Bakewell or something like that and the left hand lane is 'H-field' what's that all about!! :huh:

I noticed at the weekend that when you come off the roundabout on to Greenhill Main Road the right hand lane that takes you down Greenhill Avenue is marked 'B-Well' or Bakewell or something like that and the left hand lane is 'H-field' what's that all about!! :huh:

This shows why some people shouldn't be driving, or at least why they shouldnt post onlune before thinking. Its a perfectly clear instruction, to ensure people are in the appropriate lane, particularly for the right turn down Greenhill Ave.

This shows why some people shouldn't be driving, or at least why they shouldnt post onlune before thinking. Its a perfectly clear instruction, to ensure people are in the appropriate lane, particularly for the right turn down Greenhill Ave.

Of course, a perfectly clear instruction, so the right hand lane that turns down Greenhill Avenue is towards Bakewell is it! Maybe you are confusing your left and right, or maybe it is you that is posting online before thinking! :D

H-field is Holmesfield I believe