Meadowhead roundabout

I have just come up the A61 from Bowshaw to meadowhead roundabout.

I noticed that all three lanes on approach to the roundabout have arrows to indicate straight ahead!

Also the layout of the lanes are very disturbing and not not conducive to negotiating the roundabout safely.

It's easy if you keep an eye on the Lane markings and stay in Lane.

I noticed that all three lanes on approach to the roundabout have arrows to indicate straight ahead!

Are you sure?

Is it not:

Left Hand Lane: Straight Ahead + Left Turn

Centre Lane: Straight Ahead + Right Turn

Right Hand Lane: Right Turn Only

Also the layout of the lanes are very disturbing and not not conducive to negotiating the roundabout safely.

i noticed earlier all 3 lanes do have straight ahead signs ,where as before the left hand land was only to turn left .

If you approach the roundabout from Low Edges even the third lane is straight only (as of last night, anyway). I turned right (third exit) towards Dronfield anyway.

I noticed this a couple of weeks ago.. I think the workmen had their works Christmas do the day before they painted the arrows.

I noticed this yesterday. Was heading to Mitchell's wines from Woodseats. All lanes just had forward arrows.

I can see it confusing some people.

I've seen this on approaches to roundabouts before, not just in Sheffield. I wonder if its a new thing due to the everincreasing number of overseas drivers here now? A right turn arrow could indicate you can turn right onto the roundabout, which obviously isn't what would be intended.

As cgksheff mentioned, surely the highway code prevails regardless as to dealing with the approach to rounabouts?. There is another roundabout next to Asda at Handsworth where if you're approaching from the Parkway (from the city) the left hand lane is marked for a right turn up Handsworth Road also. At peak times this appears to defeat the object of a roundabout - if you're coming down Handsworth Road to turn right down towards the M1, you can end up faced with a car effectively 'undercutting' you in the outside lane as you exit on to the Parkway slip road.

Something must have changed.

The arrows on the road coming from Bowshaw had been painted (during the re-development) as I described until recently.

I am curious and will keep my eyes open.

The arrows on the road coming from Bowshaw had been painted (during the re-development) as I described until recently.

It was exactly as you described in #3 on Sunday. Not driven up there since.

Pretty sure Mushroom roundabout in Rotherham has same ahead arrows in all three approach lanes.