Speed Dating at Yates, City Centre

I'll bring a spanner lol!

I already have the nuts :hihi:

Well I have been accused of wearing my heart on my sleeve and always being too open with things.

Maybe I should transform into a robot at first then become more human in time :hihi:

I have the opposite problem, you can't tell if I'm happy or sad, I just am. Nothing's amazing, nothings horrible its always fine lol. But, experience has given me the thick skin & hide away my feelings & emotions.

2013 was more or less hell for me. I think it was the 13 that was the problem.

No Davey its not the 13, it was just bad luck and a bad time. I have always liked number 13 and I still will despite last year. Have you always been the same or have you locked-in emotions as a result of the recent bad times? Its a fine line between protecting yourself and shutting out people who might be able to make things better. I never know how much of myself to reveal anymore but I know that is a result of my last relationship breaking down. When the time or person is right, I am sure I will know what to do again.

---------- Post added 12-01-2014 at 19:47 ----------

I already have the nuts :hihi:

Just dont be a tool! Hehehe :hihi::hihi:

Last time I let someone in, she ended it soon after & got with her best male friend like the feelings she had vanished overnight.

I try my best to not let my feelings come to the surface unless I know for sure, but last time I thought I did so how long does it take these days to know for sure because I have no idea anymore.

Oh that's hard Davey. I have no idea either. I think my last relationship ended because I didn't trust him and he never gave me grounds for that, he just didn't express emotions very well and I took that as a lack of interest or that he was holding something back from me. It was only after I found out how much he felt but it was too late then. I tried to preserve myself and ended up alone. I was married for a long time as well before that and so out of the dating-scene thing and now with all the experiences I have had its difficult. You are not on your own out there matey! Any relationship experts want to give us some advise??

I met a divorced marriage councilor once which was amusing!

Funny indeed! Lets keep with the funny shall we? Fed up of doom and gloom about past relationships. Lets be positive and look forward to the next ones!

Indeed, but I think I'm going to give Feb speed date a miss & probably go to one further into the year. Not going to rush into something I'm unsure about.

Fair enough. You need to be comfortable with the idea I suppose. Doesnt hurt to challenge yourself occasionally though too.

---------- Post added 12-01-2014 at 22:54 ----------

Don't you know bedrock on here? I think he was going to go if safety in nunbers would help?

Honestly, I normally only use this forum for the items for sale section & list a few bits I don't need. Then my bro got me a ticket as a laugh for Feb for speed dating & I thought I would ask on here. But until then I have not spoken to anyone on here.

Maybe when I've spend another month or 2 on the treadmill & boxing bag I'll have a go, ya know once the wobbly bits have gone :P

Well it was your thread that got me on here so I guess we are both newbies! Good luck on the get fit front. I have a few wobbly bits myself since xmas! Does this mean this thread is officially over now your decision is made? :(

Evolution. Technically I asked if anyone has been n what it's like, not really asking if I should go as im pretty sure I will do but I want to look my best as first impressions count until I open my mouth lol

Your always welcome to chat to me lady. I could be your 007 :)