Youths hanging around southey

There is a Golden Line answering machine number which is linked to the local policing team in this area where, if you have specific information to pass on (it can be anonymously) about any of these nuisance youths, you can do so. An officer will call you back to discuss if you request it. 0114 296 4854.

I could phone that number every night, Belive me it would not make a difference, tryed many times before. Only thing that would cure the problem is a constant police presence between 5-12, which will never happen because of the cost.

EDIT: Opps Sorry just realised I brought up a 6 month old thread, I'll keep my hands off the search button in the future :D

S'funny, I've been here before. Groups, gangs, mobs - whatever you call them - have gathered at Southey Magnet for as long as I can remember.

Indeed, in the sixties, my adolescent mates and I fluttered like moths around the then incumbent motorcycle mob, the '66 Club.

Maybe, we harboured a subconcious hope that some of the girl attracting glamour of the leather-jacketed bikers would rub off on us.

Nothing really changes - except perhaps the fashions.

We had problems on Southey Hill last year with gang of 30-40 teenagers. Made numerous phone calls to the police, Sheffield Homes, they made loads of promises, but nothing done. With the dark nights almost upon us, it looks like it is going to be the same this year.

I live at southey and i refuse to go upto the co-op because of the kids that hang around there. I have to admit though that on the rare occasions that i've had to go they haven't done anything just stood there. I think there is a fear about groups of kids when really they aren't all like that.

I hung about outside shops in groups etc when I was a kid but we never caused an ounce of trouble. In fact we were often asked to run quick errands for people whilst we weren't doing anything! The trouble makers seem to be the ones that are out wandering around when they aren't really old enough. My son is 9 and he plays out on the front but only on our road and he comes in before 5:30 every night as they have a routine in place after dinner, why can't other parents do the same??

Eight year old chavmeat is tender enough.

Try eating one?

Explain what you mean Abdul?

Remember folks .. any incidents of anti social behaviour or issues to do with probs with gangs of youths etc can now be reported to 101.

Dunno if anyone has used the service but Ive found them really helpful whenever I have needed to call em, totally polite and stuff has happened as a result of my call.

We spent £18000 on a skateboard ramp and othe rthings for the youth around here. In the time it has been up graffiti on it, it has been set on fire last week the police were called when some yobs were seen trying to prise off the surface of the ramp. The polce caught them and about 15 underage drinkers. 12 of these kids lived between 4-8 miles away. The police got their names and adresses called their parents and told them to come and fetch them. The parents who had had a drink told their kids to get on the bus and they would meet them at the bus stop. They did'nt know where their kids were. Blame the kids but balme the parents more.