Please Help,Witness Needed

This is a bit of a long shot but here goes. On the 22nd of June this year at around 08.30hrs I had an accident on the Shalesmoor round about. I had travelled down Hoyle St in a dark grey Peugeot 5008,I got into the right hand lane to travel back the other side of Hoyle St. Whilst at the traffic lights before heading back up to the exit at Hoyle St I became aware of a Green Fiesta which had joined at the Penistone Rd entry and was in my left hand lane. I indicated to leave the roundabout using the second lane on Hoyle St (which was in keeping with the road markings) when the third party pulled across me and into the near side of my car. The third party has refused to take any responsibility for this and I'm currently looking at a 50/50 claim, an expensive excess and loss of no claims, all for something that wasn't my fault.

Please please help, if you remember seeing this then please pm me.

Many Thanks

Mark.

I didn't witness your incident so can't help directly. However, I thought if I told you about a roundabout incident that we were involved in around 10 years ago it might help you. The insurance company wanted us to settle 50/50 after a vehicle hit us on a roundabout. We gathered lots of evidence and eventually it was settled at 100% no fault to us.

We had been parked on Kenwood Road near to the roundabout. We set off and entered the roundabout. A car joined the roundabout at the 2nd exit from Sharrow Vale Road. The driver did not stop at the junction and drove straight into us; swiping the passenger front wing but also knocking the front bumper which broke its brackets and needed replacing.

The other driver said we had entered the roundabout at speed and after she had entered the roundabout and had driven into her. As we had set off from stationary just before the roundabout (been parked outside the osteopaths) her report of the incident was a downright lie.

We became detectives and went back to the 'scene'. We took photographs of where we had been parked to show how close this was to the roundabout. We even got proof of the appointment I had been to to show we'd been parked up.

We took photographs to show

- where we entered the roundabout and what we could see from that angle

- where the other driver entered the roundabout and what she could see from that junction

- the two junctions from across the road to show the whole layout

- the extent of the hill at the top of Sharrow Vale Road as it approached the roundabout

- the damage on our car (which was a black Freelander so hardly a small car that could be missed). This damage showed the paint colour from the other car (fortunately it was a light colour) and the direction of the first 'bump' and then the 'swipe' to show direction of both cars

We got maps off google (before streetview) and did step by step diagrams. We wrote it all up into one document and posted it to the insurance company (too many photographs in the time of dial up internet access)

They put our evidence to the other insurer who, in time, did not fight this so accepted 100% liability

With Streetview it would be easier to do the above via screenshots. I'd suggest using Bing maps for a 'bird's eye' view of the area which would give a better view. I'd also suggest getting someone to drive you along the route, perhaps early on a Sunday morning. You could film the route whilst giving a commentary. Make sure in all this that you highlight the markings on the road

I hope this lets you play detective and you win your case

Thanks very much for your reply, We have submitted quite a bit of evidence such as real time photos of the roundabout and im yet to have my car fixed so the damage can be checked should the insurance company need to see it.Its just dragging on a bit now.

---------- Post added 02-01-2014 at 08:13 ----------

Just another appeal to anyone who might have witnessed this.

---------- Post added 04-01-2014 at 10:05 ----------

I know its a long shot but did anyone see this.