Shoplifters Aldi Ecclesfield

Maybe they were stealing food to eat? I think it's sad how people automatically call them scumbags and not one person thought about the desperation and humiliation it would take to do this. Obviously never been in that vulnerable situation otherwise wouldn't be so nasty as to curse people for being at rock bottom.

I do have some sympathy with this point of view.... but there is such a thing as food banks. Nobody needs to steal to eat.

Whooooosh....................:roll:

You can get a live sentence for converting to the bible if you want in some places.

Most junkies have been abused by parents and society. Some of the opinions here show such an old fashioned and closed minded line of thinking and that old fashioned hardness is excactly the reason why junkies start injecting heroine.

It is your own fault. Be more loving and understanding and help them to recover instead of spitting in their face treating them like animals making them very very upset and you only make matters worse by being nasty to those who have broken down.

Maybe something happens to you tomorrow and you need more support and understanding to recover again, you never know, anything is possible.

There have been respectable citizens like doctors, lawyers who have ended up being addicts.

You can get a live sentence for converting to the bible if you want in some places.

Most junkies have been abused by parents and society. Some of the opinions here show such an old fashioned and closed minded line of thinking and that old fashioned hardness is excactly the reason why junkies start injecting heroine.

It is your own fault. Be more loving and understanding and help them to recover instead of spitting in their face treating them like animals making them very very upset and you only make matters worse by being nasty to those who have broken down.

Maybe something happens to you tomorrow and you need more support and understanding to recover again, you never know, anything is possible.

There have been respectable citizens like doctors, lawyers who have ended up being addicts.

Thank you Dutch well said - I do believe the majority of people who have gone on to let drugs control their lives have come from dysfunctional families or have had extremely traumatic experiences (the vietnam soldiers for example were given opium to cope with the horrors they saw there and some of them never recovered) It is refreshing to see that someone like yourself has an open mind about the bigger picture and that there are still some humane people

It is a shame that people seem to think that if I am not condemning those less fortunate that I actually am a drug user who steals or thinks it is right to steal - no I do not but I do think it is wrong to be self policing and judgmental against a group of people who perhaps havent got the skills or confidence to go and get a job perhaps even have no family support and hate their lives (even more so when its clearly evident that the majority of the public see them as scum who should die under buses)

---------- Post added 11-07-2014 at 00:50 ----------

Seeing as you think stealing is acceptable, could you please send me your address and tell me when you're out so I can break into your house?

Rickie The Cat - just so we are clear

I arrived home one evening as I was being burgled and you might be satisfied to know that it was actually two heroin addicts that were stealing my hard earned belongings and yes at the time I was repulsed and disgusted and shocked.

you are wrong to assume that I think stealing is acceptable - when did I say this? - I didn't.

I don't wish that on anyone and I certainly wouldn't do that to anyone but then for some people life is very very different often through no fault of their own. Yes we all make our own choices but we don't all start off in the same position. Life is very unequal and very unfair at times.

I wish I didn't have to live in a world where we lock our cars lock the windows of our houses and doors have passwords on phones just in case we get our pockets picked (I have experienced this as well) but we will always live in a world like this and it will only get worse while we blame the ones desperate enough to do these sorts of things. While we cast our eyes at these people and fail to see them as victims as well - nothing will ever get better. Can you imagine saying to your grandchildren 'when we were young we had to lock our doors because people would steal our things, not like now when the world is a much safer better place and you can go anywhere and leave your door wide open; - no you can't imagine that because you know it will never happen and one of the reasons for this is because people like you assume what you read is true, you listen to the wrong people and nothing ever gets resolved. You could decide to focus more on the source of the problem rather than the symptom.

The real reason people take drugs is because they like it. Stop making excuses for them. There are thousands of people who have been abused etc that do not.

Personally I think they all need to be put on an island and made to cold turkey ,instead of getting all this "help" like free drugs and disability benefit. But that's just me. Pity we don't treat our elderly with the same compassion.

I agree that people who take drugs like it - when the reality of your life becomes too hard for you to address there are several things you can do like ask for help or make changes or turn to relatives and the minority will turn to drugs and I agree that not all people who have been abused take drugs - totally and some people will turn to drugs not for those reasons - there are people who have had incredible lives and supportive families who use drugs socially just like alcohol and who think they are in control of it until they try to stop. The need for ASP (Altered State of Perception) is not just a human desire but animals search for this too and this has been the case for thousands of years. It only creates a problem in modern society because of the 'War on Drugs'.

The real reason people take drugs is because they like it. Stop making excuses for them. There are thousands of people who have been abused etc that do not.

Personally I think they all need to be put on an island and made to cold turkey ,instead of getting all this "help" like free drugs and disability benefit. But that's just me. Pity we don't treat our elderly with the same compassion.

Sugar and food, alcohol are also drugs in this obese society and they are not called criminals.

If you don't know yourself, who you are. And many will think they know because they have been told by society what identity they should adopt and believe in. This starts at birth and by age four a girl wears a pink dress in preparation for marriage and a boy plays with violent attack toys ready for an aggressive defensive struggle in a society full of corruption and greed.

This identity is as false and fanatic as the false unconscious religions that drive the Iraq war. Only thing is you are holding on to this false identity as fanatic as they do and are just as blind as they are in not seeing it.

When one realises the identity is false many things can happen. Many out there will naturally lose these false identities either through abuse or through understanding and then society starts to reject them spit at them calling them names and saying they are wrong and society is right.

Then there are people who start drugs to ease the pain because there is little point in going back to idiots who treat other human beings like animals.

There are also people like myself who grow out of it, don't ever take drugs but drop the false identity and stop believing in the lies you are still religiously holding on to. Believe is always unconscious and unaware.

Treating junkies like dirty animals is something that will increase tensions and friction. It is not going to make matters any better and you are only hurting and being nasty to those who have dropped society, just like those who have dropped religion. It hurts your ego and you feel insulted someone else can drop the society you believe in and hold on to.

Junkies have taken the negative road out of the believe in their false identity.

Others take a positive more constructive path that is more but still not totally accepted by society.

Many on this forum hate me and I don't care because I am no longer part of these silly egotrips to protect personal identity.

Edited by dutch

Sugar and food, alcohol are also drugs in this obese society and they are not called criminals.

If all these were freely available on prescription, none of us would need to steal to get enough of them, or (horror of horrors) go out to work to pay for them!

After over 30 years in retail Trust me the majority of shoplifters are not stealing to survive.

Most of its drugs related.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

had one customer come in and say 'did you know --- --- is going door to door selling your chicken fillets, bacon and cheese - we missed him that time. They would even go in the local pub and if the drinkers wanted coffee or cheese they would come back and pinch to order. Not one of them were starving.....they steal to sell.

Wonder if those supporting the thieves have ever had their shins kicked in by one of these starving shoplifters.............. believe me on the shin takes some healing.

oh and that's another sore point - there is no such thing as shoplifting it is plain stealing and puts the price up for the decent law abiding shoppers.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

had one customer come in and say 'did you know --- --- is going door to door selling your chicken fillets, bacon and cheese - we missed him that time. They would even go in the local pub and if the drinkers wanted coffee or cheese they would come back and pinch to order. Not one of them were starving.....they steal to sell.

Wonder if those supporting the thieves have ever had their shins kicked in by one of these starving shoplifters.............. believe me on the shin takes some healing.

oh and that's another sore point - there is no such thing as shoplifting it is plain stealing and puts the price up for the decent law abiding shoppers.

Well said. Too many are ready to condone what is plain and simple theft.

no one is condoning theft or any other criminal behaviour

the drug users that steal to sell are just as ignorant as the people who condemn them

perhaps less so

To return to the original posting. I spoke to a member of staff at Ecclesfield Aldi yesterday. He said Aldi do not employ security guards, and he believed that is the reason the store attracts shoplifters.

The problem is from a financial point of view to justify having a permanent security guard you have to have an awful lot of shop lifting going on.

Back of a fag packet stuff just based on wages alone I would imagine you would have to have at least £25k worth of stuff at cost stolen a year to make it financially worth while and am sure there are many more costs involved.

Particularly for smaller business this is just not an option.