Shoplifters Aldi Ecclesfield

Horrendous that you people are calling fellow human beings scum of the earth and saying they hope they die under a bus and assuming they are on heroin. There but for the grace of God go I

Maybe they were stealing food to eat? I think it's sad how people automatically call them scumbags and not one person thought about the desperation and humiliation it would take to do this. Obviously never been in that vulnerable situation otherwise wouldn't be so nasty as to curse people for being at rock bottom.

A simple way to avoid having to resort to stealing is to get off your backside and get a job so you can earn money to actually buy food with. You should try it sometime.

A simple way to avoid having to resort to stealing is to get off your backside and get a job so you can earn money to actually buy food with. You should try it sometime.

Sits back and await the vitriol coming your way.:hihi:

Yep, like that unemployed layabout Antony Worrall Thompson. :rolleyes:

if someone is desperate for food to eat there are charities and food banks to help the most needy.

if someone is stealing to sell it for money for drugs etc then yes they are scum and yes i wish they would cease to breathe.

simple as that. its my opinion, i'm not asking you to agree with it, you are welcome to your own, i think we are WAY too soft on criminality in this country. whilst there may not be a great deal in the way of support for treatment etc, there is very very little in the way of effective deterrent as if you are caught often no prosecution or a small fine or worst is few weeks/ months in prison and let out early... cue eat sleep steal repeat...

i think we are WAY too soft on criminality in this country. whilst there may not be a great deal in the way of support for treatment etc, there is very very little in the way of effective deterrent as if you are caught often no prosecution or a small fine or worst is few weeks/ months in prison and let out early... cue eat sleep steal repeat...

Two hundred years ago, public execution was the penalty for theft. Where did people get their pockets picked? In the crowd around the execution! Some deterrent!

I do have a job thank you and I do not steal food

I can have an opinion on this subject without being in the unfortunate position that these people have to resort to in order to survive

It seems you judge me as you judge others

Get yourself an education

After over 30 years in retail Trust me the majority of shoplifters are not stealing to survive.

Most of its drugs related.

When I first started working at the co-op we had regular lifters of tinned salmon until one day we cellotaped them all together underneath and listened on the next aisle for the clatter when they tried to nick them:hihi:

The offender has to actually leave the shop before they can be arrested for shop-lifting.

There are also gangs over here now from the EU that send the younger/homeless/addicts in to shoplift for them and they give them drugs in return.

The person stealing to feed their family in this breadline age would be on their own not in a gang.

I can have an opinion on this subject without being in the unfortunate position that these people have to resort to in order to survive

Thank you audra, you also have supporters here.

I Remember some years ago a neighbour got arrested for pinching a calendar from w h smiths when he appeared in court the judge gave him 12 months.:hihi:

You are either not educated or not showing the total picture, or both.

Such a sentence for a minor offence only happens with suspension and previous records influencing the sentence.

The offence of stealing a calendar few years ago was not 12 month without other more serious matters that really influenced that case.

Thank you audra, you also have supporters here.

You are either not educated or not showing the total picture, or both.

Such a sentence for a minor offence only happens with suspension and previous records influencing the sentence.

The offence of stealing a calendar few years ago was not 12 month without other more serious matters that really influenced that case.

Whooooosh....................:roll:

Seeing as you think stealing is acceptable, could you please send me your address and tell me when you're out so I can break into your house?