BBC Christmas absolute rubbish

Only thing I have found worth watching this year is the darts on Sky! Excellent coverage as always.

I think this years high point of Xmas TV was "Chas and Daves 1982 Christmas Special".

With Jimmy Cricket and Peters and Lee!!!

I think this years high point of Xmas TV was "Chas and Daves 1982 Christmas Special".

Really ?

I missed that doh!

Why can't the BBC fork out enough money to show films before Sky?

Because.....

I don't pay the licence fee.

They have a budget of 5 billion a year. It's inconcievable that they are unable to provide a top evening of entertainment on Christmas day.

lol i just watched that

and dads army movie, where eagles dare, top gear special

now a programme about action man :P

Hasn't BBC TV this Christmas been a load of old rubbish,hardly anything worth watching they even had flog it and boring cooking programs on,they must be really scraping the barrel,not worth the cost of the TV licences in my opinion...

I find it so funny when people say it is not worth the license fee. Most of these people probably pay £30+ a month for Sky. At under £15 a month the BBC is a good deal.

Look at old Christmas scheduled and you will realise it ain't that bad. Last night was a new David Walliams one off for the kids, and I loved Victoria's Wood musical The Day We Sang.

---------- Post added 27-12-2014 at 22:52 ----------

The fact that the Queens speech was the most watched programme of the day should tell you how wrong the programming directors got it this year. Terrible, just terrible.

The reason for the decline in viewers is technology, People choosing to watch Catch Up services or movie services like Blinkbox. I have Now TV and Frozen and the Lego Movie were added on Christmas Day to watch when I wanted.

Edited by go4it

They have a budget of 5 billion a year. It's inconcievable that they are unable to provide a top evening of entertainment on Christmas day.

Mrs Brown's Boys Christmas Special (BBC One) - 7.61 million viewers

EastEnders (BBC One) - 7.55 million

Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special (BBC One) - 6.98 million

Call The Midwife (BBC One) - 6.83 million

Miranda (BBC One) - 6.67 million

Doctor Who (BBC One) - 6.34 million

A totalled number of just under 42 million occasions when our TVs were tuned into BBC One at some point during the Christmas evening.

It seems that they did provide a top evening of entertainment. In fact 3/4 of all viewers that evening were choosing BBC over ITV.

Just because YOU found it not to your taste. Just because YOU believe it to be poor quality. Just because YOU think its a waste of money (...despite claiming you never pay the licence fee...) WHO CARES?

Millions of viewers tuned into BBC One let alone all those viewers to BBC Two, BBC Three, BBC Four, BBC News24. What about the millions of listeners throughout the day to BBC Radio 1-5, BBC Local Radio, BBC Digital. All the subscribers and browsers to IPLAYER and BBC Online

If you don't think just over £12 per month for all that plus a nice payment out to top up Channel 4, pay for the infrastructure and keep Freeview running for "free" is worth it then feel free not use to any of the services.

Plenty of hypocrites spout off about the TV licence but then listen to BBC Sheffield or have Freeview. How did you think those things are paid for?

The day you can show me someone who can categorically say that they don't at some point ever touch upon some form of BBC broadcast or have any involvement in broadcast radio or television then you might have a good argument.

Edited by ECCOnoob

So what would have you done differently?

So what would have you done differently?

shot all the foriegners?

shot all the foriegners?

That's a bit near the knuckle isn't it?

Mrs Brown's Boys Christmas Special (BBC One) - 7.61 million viewers

EastEnders (BBC One) - 7.55 million

Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special (BBC One) - 6.98 million

Call The Midwife (BBC One) - 6.83 million

Miranda (BBC One) - 6.67 million

Doctor Who (BBC One) - 6.34 million

A totalled number of just under 42 million occasions when our TVs were tuned into BBC One at some point during the Christmas evening.

It seems that they did provide a top evening of entertainment. In fact 3/4 of all viewers that evening were choosing BBC over ITV.

Just because YOU found it not to your taste. Just because YOU believe it to be poor quality. Just because YOU think its a waste of money (...despite claiming you never pay the licence fee...) WHO CARES?

Millions of viewers tuned into BBC One let alone all those viewers to BBC Two, BBC Three, BBC Four, BBC News24. What about the millions of listeners throughout the day to BBC Radio 1-5, BBC Local Radio, BBC Digital. All the subscribers and browsers to IPLAYER and BBC Online

If you don't think just over £12 per month for all that plus a nice payment out to top up Channel 4, pay for the infrastructure and keep Freeview running for "free" is worth it then feel free not use to any of the services.

Plenty of hypocrites spout off about the TV licence but then listen to BBC Sheffield or have Freeview. How did you think those things are paid for?

The day you can show me someone who can categorically say that they don't at some point ever touch upon some form of BBC broadcast or have any involvement in broadcast radio or television then you might have a good argument.

None of them programs you mention would I watch

Mrs browns boys a cross dresser swearing all the time not my idea of entertainment..

Come frigging dancing I would sooner jam a chainsaw up my arse than watch that nauseating program..

Eastenders depressing drivill nothing but people arguing and shouting..

Call the midwife was OK as the wife likes that..

Maranda,,,about as funny as a wet fart..

Dr who stupid ridiculous stories with infuriating annoying loud background music going on all the time.