BBC Christmas absolute rubbish

That's a jolly good point. Once again the public are being ripped off so some very wealthy individuals can get richer for doing very little. They are now too rich to care anymore - what do the ordinary people matter?

Why do you think these talents attract such a high fee in the first place??

They don't pay them these salaries for nothing. They pay them because they attract millions and millions of viewers. That then generates millions and millions of £s of income and sales for the broadcasters.

As soon as they stop being so popular watch their fees drop dramatically.

Just because you and a small number of others think they are overpaid, talentless, boring does not detract from the fact that several of these programmes and personalities which are so heavily criticised by keyboard warriors and pretentious journalists bring in 8, 9, 10+ million viewers.

£700k divided by how many licence fee payers? You get an awful lot for licence fee - admittedly most of it I don't watch or listen to.

I'll have a fairly full planner when Christmas Day comes, full of some excellent, ground breaking tv. If the best you can plan to watch is an only fools and horses repeat and some reality twaddle you'd be better off not having a tv at all. Tv has never been better.

Hasn't BBC TV this Christmas been a load of old rubbish,hardly anything worth watching they even had flog it and boring cooking programs on,they must be really scraping the barrel,not worth the cost of the TV licences in my opinion...
Yup same here in the states mate!!!! .. RUBBISH!!

"Merry christmas charlie brown" has been cut down so much ITS NOT WORTH WATCHING ON TV!! (Too many bloody spam ads,crap on the screen,etc)

I dont blame ppl for not wanting to pay the BBC license FEE... NOTHING BUT GARBAGE ON!!

Why do you think these talents attract such a high fee in the first place??

They don't pay them these salaries for nothing. They pay them because they attract millions and millions of viewers. That then generates millions and millions of £s of income and sales for the broadcasters.

As soon as they stop being so popular watch their fees drop dramatically.

Just because you and a small number of others think they are overpaid, talentless, boring does not detract from the fact that several of these programmes and personalities which are so heavily criticised by keyboard warriors and pretentious journalists bring in 8, 9, 10+ million viewers.

It's about time some new faces were given a chance. They are certainly just as talented.

Personally I deplore a lot of reality shows like 'Made in Chelsea' (these are not the ones I regard as talented new faces incidently,) but they attract massive audiences without 'stars.'

New faces are given a chance all the time. And the ones who are popular and bring in the audiences will earn more money. And in time, they will become the old faces who people are claiming are overpaid and talentless.

If you're wondering why you don't see prime time Saturday night shows presented by new people then you clearly underestimate what it takes to be able to present a live family entertainment programme to an audience of millions. It's not something any producer would ever give to someone as a first job because it will go hideously wrong.

Just bought a telly book, what a waste of money because it really is garbage on telly over xmas, this has to be the worse year ever, well done BBC and ITV infact all other channels aswell :gag:

The fact that the Queens speech was the most watched programme of the day should tell you how wrong the programming directors got it this year. Terrible, just terrible.

..........should think it is when its broadcast on 3 channels simultaneously. Not many other programmes that can do that.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Hasn't been the most viewed programme on Christmas day for decades though. Just goes to show how bad the evenings offerings were.

This thread is excellent news for those of us that are legally license free. Long may the decline continue and then maybe folks would learn to actually entertain themselves without actually being spoon fed low budget inane television nonsense.

We had Randall and Hopkirk on DVD on the telly on christmas day,I had a look at all the channels and all of it was either adverts or repeat rubbish....not worth the licence fee.