BBC Christmas absolute rubbish

Why can't the BBC fork out enough money to show films before Sky? They could have shown the Avengers on Christmas day this year! Instead we get rubbish like Eastenders and Open All Hours! Stupid!

So they can pay Bruce Forsyth.

So they can pay Bruce Forsyth.

Nice to see you, to see you nice dribble dribble :gag:

The TV license is worth every penny especially to the fat cats who run the BBC, lets be fair about this how else would they get their extortionate wages, I reckon I've spent more on a weeks grocery shopping than they have spent on the rubbish they have put on their channels over the Xmas period.:suspect:

Really? Have you even the slightest idea what is costs to produce television.

Camera operators and sound operators alone cost around £800 per day each. Outside broadcast facilities can be anything around £1500-£2000 per day.

Having being involved in producing a few marketing website videos with simple office based interviews and generic background shots I can tell you that just hire of one camera and operator, one light, some microphones and a few hours of edit suite use cost nearly £10,000 in total. All for half a dozen 1 minute clips.

In television you think about costs of talent, writers, production floor staff, lighting technicians, engineers, special effects, post production editing, music royalties, transportation, props and scenery, costume hire, make up, back office staff all to make just a 30 minute programme.

There are plenty of behind the scenes clips and books which show the logistics of making even the most simple programme. Some of the more grand productions can film as little as a few minutes each day during their production. All those costs each and every day for months just to produce a two hour drama or a small series of a sitcom run.

Your shopping bill wouldn't even cover the daily hire costs of a make up artist.

Camera operators and sound operators alone cost around £800 per day each. Outside broadcast facilities can be anything around £1500-£2000 per day.

Having being involved in producing a few marketing website videos with simple office based interviews and generic background shots I can tell you that just hire of one camera and operator, one light, some microphones and a few hours of edit suite use cost nearly £10,000 in total. All for half a dozen 1 minute clips.

In television you think about costs of talent, writers, production floor staff, lighting technicians, engineers, special effects, post production editing, music royalties, transportation, props and scenery, costume hire, make up, back office staff all to make just a 30 minute programme.

There are plenty of behind the scenes clips and books which show the logistics of making even the most simple programme. Some of the more grand productions can film as little as a few minutes each day during their production. All those costs each and every day for months just to produce a two hour drama or a small series of a sitcom run.

Your shopping bill wouldn't even cover the daily hire costs of a make up artist.

Oh yeah! I really meant I've spent more on my shopping bill.:loopy: so what you mention is an excuse for crap low quality the bbc have shown over xmas, P.S. the BEEB get enough of our money to pay for all that you have just mentioned, maybe if the bosses stopped paying their selves millions the quality of what they show would be better. :suspect:

Edited by PRESLEY

Oh yeah! I really meant I've spent more on my shopping bill.:loopy: so what you mention is an excuse for crap low quality the bbc have shown over xmas, P.S. the BEEB get enough of our money to pay for all that you have just mentioned, maybe if the bosses stopped paying their selves millions the quality of what they show would be better. :suspect:

bring back wincy willis

You have issues.

Oh of course, you were being sarcastic. Yes, just a flippant remark to show your annoyance. Yeah, I know that word too.

Now back on topic - what you are describing as crap low quality exactly?

Our licence fee paid for programmes which following the recent viewing figures got into seven of the top ten positions.

SOMEBODY must be watching all this "crap" television. I really dont get what you point is.

All this stuff about bosses being paid "millions" - where exactly? The highest salary for the BBC is around £700k. YES that's a lot. But compared to other people in huge global organisations its not really.

Talent and presenters set their own price tag. But that would be the same on any network, show or production. The more popular someone is the higher money they demand. They soon lose that popularity and their price tag drops accordingly.

Taste is a very personal thing. I personally cant stand any of the talent and reality scream fests that are on the box every Saturday night. I too think that these "talents" and the "Celebs" who front them are overpaid and appauling. However, when they pull in millions of viewers. How can I argue with that.

Just because I dont like something does not mean that its not popular nor that it should not be made.

---------- Post added 30-12-2013 at 15:18 ----------

You have issues.

What I use facts and real life as oppose to speculation, conspiracy theories and pointless unsupported comments.

How silly of me, I forgot this is an internet debate.

All this stuff about bosses being paid "millions" - where exactly? The highest salary for the BBC is around £700k. YES that's a lot. But compared to other people in huge global organisations its not really.

Well I consider this a criminal waste of licence payers' money: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/10540492/BBC-merry-go-round-as-200-staff-rehired.html

Oh of course, you were being sarcastic. Yes, just a flippant remark to show your annoyance. Yeah, I know that word too.

Now back on topic - what you are describing as crap low quality exactly?

Our licence fee paid for programmes which following the recent viewing figures got into seven of the top ten positions.

SOMEBODY must be watching all this "crap" television. I really dont get what you point is.

Talent and presenters set their own price tag. But that would be the same on any network, show or production. The more popular someone is the higher money they demand. They soon lose that popularity and their price tag drops accordingly.

Taste is a very personal thing. I personally cant stand any of the talent and reality scream fests that are on the box every Saturday night. I too think that these "talents" and the "Celebs" who front them are overpaid and appauling. However, when they pull in millions of viewers. How can I argue with that.

Just because I dont like something does not mean that its not popular nor that it should not be made.

---------- Post added 30-12-2013 at 15:18 ----------

What I use facts and real life as oppose to speculation, conspiracy theories and pointless unsupported comments.

Flippinhell! Spielberg, so you've made a couple of videos, send them to You've been framed, you might win hundred quid if your lucky, :loopy::hihi:

You just spent your time writing a wall of text to try and prove that someone doesn't spend more on their weekly shopping than the BBC do on their programming. You don't see what's wrong with that?

Anyone with an IQ higher than that of a potato knew they didn't mean it literally.