BBC Christmas absolute rubbish

Hasn't BBC TV this Christmas been a load of old rubbish,hardly anything worth watching they even had flog it and boring cooking programs on,they must be really scraping the barrel,not worth the cost of the TV licences in my opinion...

Sherlock on the 1st. The only thing worth turning the tele on for.

Sherlock is absolute quality. It seems to be tradition to moan about Christmas V. I thought most people had films and boxed sets put away to watch in the holidays? If you arent getting enough from your licence, then just decide to do away with TV and make sure you cant receive a live signal.

Death comes to Pemberley is good.

Can't wait for Sherlock.

Here's the seven minute teaser for those who haven't seen it.

What happened to the days of having major films on on Christmas day? Nowadays it's just rubbish that everyone's seen already. And don't get me started on the "open all hours" revival. Utter garbage. Thank god I don't pay the licence fee.

Can't believe they aren't repeating (for the 501st time)-

Oliver (1968 )

The Great Escape (1963)

Any Bond film

thank god I don't get mugged for the Tv License Tax any longer.

If Les Dawson and Eric and Ernie were still alive they wouldn't commission anything from them. They'd rather spend all day showing reality tripe which costs nothing to make so they can still pay all the nepotistic parasites who take home more than the PM.

Meanwhile full praise to Channel 4 for the brilliant Toast of London and Man Down. As well as the catch up services that mean that I don't have to watch the annoying adverts.

All I can say is that it was utter garbage on all channels.......... but didn't expect any different. :gag:

Didn't you watch 'Gone with the Wind', 'Its a Wonderful Life' and the 'Top Gear' African Special, although all repeats?

The Whale was good as is Death Comes To Pemberley. Also those Idris Elba: King Of Speed documentaries.

And of course as mentioned Sherlock is back on the 1st.

Oh and an honourable mention for the Hammer version of Dracula. I love Hammer Horror. :D

Other than that it's been rubbish. Too many repeats and films that have been shown 3 or 4 times already just in the last 12 months.

Big thanks to Film4 for scheduling Troll Hunter and The Host back to back. I had a lot of back pain on Christmas Day and was unable to sleep and those two got me through most of the night.

If you arent getting enough from your licence, then just decide to do away with TV and make sure you cant receive a live signal.

Did that in 2007. No regrets.

What happened to the days of having major films on on Christmas day? Nowadays it's just rubbish that everyone's seen already.

It's impossible to have a big movie premiere that most people haven't seen already.

You'd have to avoid seeing it at

The cinema

Via illegal download

Movie channels

DVD/Blu-ray

Netflix/Lovefilm

In the 1970s none of the above applied (except cinema). And even then it took at least 5 years for a film to be shown on TV, longer if it was a "biggie". That's why I can remember seeing the TV premiere of "The Wizard of Oz" (in 1975) despite being born nearly 40 years after it was made.

Can't believe they aren't repeating (for the 501st time)-

Any Bond film

ITV own the rights to the Eon Bond films, not the BBC.