Please neuter your tom cats pilgrim street burngreave

Of course there are thousands of feral and stray cats in the Burngreave, Attercliffe, Darnall etc areas but today I trapped yet another young mum and only surviving kitten on Pilgrim Street. Apparently it's one ginger tom that is ragging every abandoned female in sight. If it's yours, or you have an unneutered tom no matter what area, will you please sort it. Simple, cheap operation, unneutered males cause so much suffering. Rescues simply cannot keep picking up the pieces - and dead kittens.

It must break your heart to have to keep sorting out such awful situations, all for want of a little bit of responsibility and caring, you must feel like you're banging your head against a brick wall :(

We have loads round here too, when my female house cat is in season we have around 12 cat's trying to get into our house. We have a male cat which was neutered at 4 months so we didn't end up with kittens.

Youre doing a grand job, Magsie: Dobby is gorgeous and his mum but Im a softie for black n white cats really - (seen their pics on Facebook) well doNe to the Sheffield Cat Shelter for taking them in. Two of my moggies came from Fir Vale, one was a feral kitten, very sickly, the other was chucked out when his owner died. Neither wouldve lasted and they are very happy now being housecats here at Chez Katkin. So sad that people still arent getting the message though - it is so easy to get their pets neutered and saves so much heartache

We have loads round here too, when my female house cat is in season we have around 12 cat's trying to get into our house. We have a male cat which was neutered at 4 months so we didn't end up with kittens.

Female cats can get neutered too.

Has anyone been back to Homesfield to see if that lady is still letting ferals breed in her hedges?

Has anyone been back to Homesfield to see if that lady is still letting ferals breed in her hedges?

But if the toms are neutered, Scozzie, then they aren't "tupping" the queens left, right and centre. They aren't getting into fights over the queens and developing painful, (Possibly fatal) and expensive-to-treat abscesses.

The tomcats that are neutered also don't have that distinctive "Stink" of tom-cat-pee. (Which to my mind is reason enough to doctor them!)

Can you not trap the ginger tom and take him to be neutered, hang on to him for a couple of days them put him back, Im sure half the time the owners would never notice.

Very true although my cat has a heart condition and the vets said doing so could be fatal and im not risking it so she's now a house cat.

We have been responsible owners and neutered our ginger tom cat, like you say it's just irresponsible to do anything else.