Help needed with cctv set up.

Our cctv crashed recently. We have set up again, but some minor problems. Can anyone advise? It is recording okay but we have two black squares on two of the displays and we also have a playback problem (minor). The original installer is now unavailable!

H264 is the format not a make..... Power down system and reboot after a couple of minutes if you have a black screen on a camera it has either crashed or a faulty power supply to that camera.

thks. will try. all the cameras are working ok. The small black square on cam 1 and cam 4 is something to do with the movement alarm. trying to work out how to cancel them out.

Hi on some systems there is a feature where you can black out part of the picture ,say you have a wind chime moving about so you would black this out through your recorder and it will not record until it detects movement elsewhere in the frame. Hope this helps.

If your stuck try giving this guy a call he does all CCTV and security systems did a fab job for me

Steven 07738365436

you tried factory restoring it althou this may also factory restore your admin password to the default so make sure you know that fist .

if there is no clear makers name is it one of these cheap chinese ones ?

Hi there anyone,

Looking for a cctv engineer to upgrade current system with some ptz camera's iv purchased..

Anyone that can do this or point me to some one else would be much appreciated .

thanks in advance

---------- Post added 19-02-2014 at 16:35 ----------

Hi Jimmy,

Unfortunately I can not reply to private messages as I have not put enough messages yet and i am a new user, however any help with contact details would be much appreciated .cheers

Speak to CamTec Security, very honest and helpful.

Mob: 07961515821

you tried factory restoring it althou this may also factory restore your admin password to the default so make sure you know that fist .

if there is no clear makers name is it one of these cheap chinese ones ?

Passwords are usually "admin", "ADMIN", "Admin" or just a blank space.