No highlights on bbc

So boxing day has a full football schedule, yet once again the bbc decided not to screen the football league show. Why ? no football league show again this Saturday either. Its absolutely disgraceful. as a nation of football lovers we should at least have the highlights on bbc. not everybody has sky,i do, but iam still annoyed. they must think the whole country supports premier league teams.Football league fans are treated like crap in England. we only get 1-2 live games per week on sky. I get more games with al Jazeera sports ! not good enough bbc, you've ****** off a lot of football league fans.:rant:

No footy on this Saturday, all now on Sunday unsure if on TV

BBC 1 11:50 PM after MOTD 2

Makes you laugh 10:30-11:50 for Quote

"Highlights and reaction from the days four premier league games"

Thats correct 4 games 1 hour 20 mins while the FL show 1 hour 15 mins

11 championship games

12 League 1 games and

12 League 2 games

Aprox 2 mins per game less rabbiting but they will have extended view of at least 1 game and if they do BD games less still could be less than a min

yet MOTD2 each game gets aprox 25 min

Because the EPL generates alot more money, and more viewers as the league is watched worldwide.

Because the EPL generates alot more money, and more viewers as the league is watched worldwide.

We are talking about the BBC, they should do better.

I never understand why the regional BBC stations can't air their own football shows, even if it is just online. Leeds North has a host of represented teams, they could easily fill an hour a week.

We are talking about the BBC, they should do better.

I never understand why the regional BBC stations can't air their own football shows, even if it is just online. Leeds North has a host of represented teams, they could easily fill an hour a week.

thet did have that weekly show but I think it got scrapped for cost saving. yes football league show is on later but not on boxing day.millions of football league fans had nothing to watch, typical arrogance from the beeb. anything outside of the epl and they don't give a toss.

---------- Post added 29-12-2013 at 10:42 ----------

doesn't explain why they didn't show highlights, the bbc have paid for highlights package and didn't show it on the busiest day in the calendar

Championship 18:40 sec of football inc 2 ext games out of 38 mins rest talking

League 1 11:34 out of 22 mins and

League 2 9:42 out of 15 min

Championship 18:40 sec of football inc 2 ext games out of 38 mins rest talking

League 1 11:34 out of 22 mins and

League 2 9:42 out of 15 min

not that you were counting.dont know why the bbc even bother, they nearly scapped the programme in 2012. football focus are just as bad, all they talk about is the epl, sky only show 1 football league game per week. it like we only have the 1 league in this country. the fans just have to lump it:rant:

thet did have that weekly show but I think it got scrapped for cost saving. yes football league show is on later but not on boxing day.millions of football league fans had nothing to watch, typical arrogance from the beeb. anything outside of the epl and they don't give a toss.

That show was really rubbish, I watched it on iPlayer twice (what sort of time did they broadcast it at, and it was a Monday so the excuse they had to edit the material doesn't cut it.) And both times I didn't finish it.

I am sure it can be done a hell of a lot better than that. I worked for a regional broadcaster in the Netherlands when I was a student, they had two pro-clubs and still managed to fill quarter of an hour with entertaining telly about them.

It is advantageous for the clubs as well, their sponsors get far more exposure that way.

maybe Sheffield tv will make a weekly programme once its up and running. I would happily present or anchor. I cant imagine there will be that much stuff related to Sheffield on there when it launches. the beeb scrapped a lot when they tried to cut costs, getting rid of a lot of regional programmes.

That show was really rubbish, I watched it on iPlayer twice (what sort of time did they broadcast it at, and it was a Monday so the excuse they had to edit the material doesn't cut it.) And both times I didn't finish it.

I am sure it can be done a hell of a lot better than that. I worked for a regional broadcaster in the Netherlands when I was a student, they had two pro-clubs and still managed to fill quarter of an hour with entertaining telly about them.

It is advantageous for the clubs as well, their sponsors get far more exposure that way.

I think it was only ever on in the second half of the season so it might come back soon. I didn't think it was too bad for a regional programme - it depended on who the guests were. Peter Beagrie was always good value for money.