Advice needed on care

I am 61 year old living in supported housing scheme I have m.s and my needs are getting more I am not happy about my care and dont feel my needs are getting met,social servic es are less than useless the care is run by one comp any who care for a range of people,the carers are so busy and don't have time,I am thinking a personal assistant may be the way forward but don't know where to start grateful for any advice. Many thanks

try your local m.s society group my wife has had m.s for 35 years & they have been helpful cant give you contact details as we live in Redditch your gp my be able to put you in contact also social services rehab group may prove helpful ms is difficult to deal with in a general health way be cause the effects of it vary from patient to patient and generally gps find it difficult to advise the best course of action hope you have success in finding the help that you need as a partner of a sufferer it can be very frustrating to get the b est help available

You can just advertise for your own pa but it's paying them and stuff like that. When you become an employer things change very quickly. It is the best way to go for many reasons though.

I advertised on the forum of a pa for my mum, as I too was unhappy with the care she was getting. I tried numerous agencies before going down this route, and the PA she has now is the best thing that has ever happened in terms of care provision.

The biggest disadvantage is that you do become an employer, and have to consider what you will do when your pa is sick or on holiday. If they turn out to be no good, you will have to sack them, with a months notice. It's a responsibility you might not want?

Paying them is no problem. Westsidepayroll are great, and for £15 a month will sort out everything with HMRC, send out payslips and do all tax calculations.

Good luck.

I know how hard it is to find someone reliable and competent I advertised myself on the Sheffield help yourself site, I now work as a pa they are happy in the knowledge that I am reliable competent and the same person always turns up we get along great and I would recommend you look at the site you can get a company to do your paper work for you or find out if the pa is willing to do it on a self employed basis hope this helps