Tinsley Park Cemetery Missing Flower Vases

Hi Everyone, I wonder if anyone knows what is happening at Tinsley park cemetery.

Yesterday i made a 150 mile round trip to place flowers on my Mums grave and when i got

there the metal vase had gone.

When i glanced around there where many graves that had nowhere to place flowers due to

missing pots.

I was lucky and my hubby managed to find an empty jam jar in the bin so at least i had somewhere

to leave my Christmas gift.

This is the second time this has happened in as many months and it is heartbreaking.

If anyone is planning a visit to this cemetery please take something with you that you

can place your flowers in just case in your vase is missing too.

I would not want anyone to be as upset as i was but luckily my hubby saved the day.

Generally aluminium aren't they.

Nah, no-one would stoop that low, surely.

That's what i was thinking as there is so many missing :(

That's what i was thinking as there is so many missing :(

Maybe the wind was responsible, there's been a few days where the gusts would have been strong enough to displace them. Is there no office there you can ring ? They could have been collected up, maybe.

I went to Mansfield road cemetery and everything was okay there. It just seems to be Tinsley park where the problem is.

I will try to contact someone but it might be after Christmas due to the holidays.

Thought it would be a good idea to let people know if they where visiting in case the same had happened to them.

Generally aluminium aren't they.

Nah, no-one would stoop that low, surely.

Yes they would.

Does no one remember the guy a few years ago, that got nicked for stealing roses from city road cemetery and selling them outside clubs at weekends ?

I remember that. Makes you wonder if they steal these things for carboot sales.

People are always stealing things from the cemetery where my grandparents are interred. Not only is there a problem with theft, there are issues with people going in there to drink and just cause mischief. Lost all hope in humanity.

Which cemetery is that? Seems to me we need security raising to combat this issue.

Makes you wonder what this world is getting like :(

Which cemetery is that? Seems to me we need security raising to combat this issue.

Makes you wonder what this world is getting like :(

It's near Doncaster. I agree, something needs to be done because no one seems to care about thieving, causing damage and/or other to what should be a sacred ground.

There were some broken ornaments at my mom in laws site at Tinsley just before Christmas but they were still in the right area.

We cant make our minds up if it was vandels or wind