Train Station 'one way' system on the steps?

Oh. And OP? It's railway station. Not train station. For that, it's mandatory re-education in the Gulag.

Nope. Train.

I Blame Thatcher...............

I blame Beeching...:hihi:

keep left... Simples

Exactly. Simple concept.

If I'm getting off a busy train I'll take the quickest route to get me to the taxi rank/tram/carpark. if that means going up the wrong steps.. oh well. It's a stupid system and I'm not going to walk across the platform to the "right" set of steps.

Won't somebody please think of the children!!!?

Best not. Operation Yew Tree and all that :)

I use the commonsense system, the staircase with the least people on it. The one way system is them still preparing to put barriers in, even though they have repeatedly had planning permission turned down, to catch fare dodgers. If got a system for them, enough rolling stock so you don't treat passengers like cattle, check tickets on trains, when you have a fare dodger, fine them, take persistent ones to court rather than throwing them off at Meadowhall, where they just get on the next train.

I didn't know what the symbols meant until someone mentioned it to me, why can't they just say up and down, much easier...

keep left... Simples

Except on London tube escalators where you have to stand on the right to allow people in a hurry to pass you. I also get annoyed at the station when having to avoid people coming up the wrong way, can't they damn read or are rules for us not them. Brrrr humbug

Except on London tube escalators where you have to stand on the right to allow people in a hurry to pass you. I also get annoyed at the station when having to avoid people coming up the wrong way, can't they damn read or are rules for us not them. Brrrr humbug

Yes I was going to mention this, although it's not just in London; I assumed it was everywhere. It certainly works this way in Leeds station (although Leeds is known as the London of the North).

I didn't know what the symbols meant until someone mentioned it to me, why can't they just say up and down, much easier...

You have never seen a "no entry" sign then?

Sorry, don't believe you.

The re-development of the train station was a naff cover for squeezing more crap shops to sell poor quality food and junk. It's already falling apart. Our first day in the station after redevelopment completed she instantly said, - why didn't they just put escalators in?

Frankly she's absolutely correct.

The re-development of the train station was a naff cover for squeezing more crap shops to sell poor quality food and junk. It's already falling apart. Our first day in the station after redevelopment completed she instantly said, - why didn't they just put escalators in?

Frankly she's absolutely correct.

Because it's quicker to get up the stairs, plus with stairs, you get a higher capacity than escalators. With escalators you'll get two people stood side by side stopping others wanting to walk up/down the left side of them when in a rush. Similar to what happens in London with the Underground.

I regularly bounce people off me that are going the wrong way on those steps when its busy, gives me some satisfaction. same with people that have thier head buried in an iphone. am i a bad person? lol