Neighbours smoking weed issue any thoughts

think smoking it as sometimes we get cigarette smell aswel

we dont smoke so more aware of it

The obvious solution for the O/P is to fill their own house with cow poo and see how the neighbours like that.

The obvious solution for the O/P is to fill their own house with cow poo and see how the neighbours like that.

i wish lol :hihi:

been here 20years and took a lot of work over the years to get where we are now

like the idea thou but thinking about it they will probably bath in it

our neighbours smoking weed and the smell is coming in to our bedroom

either up the chimmey or up through floor boards so i can;t seal the smell or find exactly where its coming in.

we also have our 10month grandson to stay at times and don't need the hassle as its his health that concern's us ?

mrs is spending £10 a week on air fresheners lol but only short term fix

yes fully understand next door can do want he wants in his own home etc

we own our home and next door is private rent but don,t really want to go knocking on his door or complain as no other problems than this

any advice or ideas :help:

I understand why you would say that,but if you approach them in a friendly way you might have some success.Yes they can do what they want in there own home[within reason]but they might very well be understanding and do something about it.They might tell you to naff off but worth a try:)

The best bet would be to have a word with them. Next time you see them just politely have a chat. Don’t mention the police. Just say its starting to do your head in and your grankid comes over to stay. Ask them if they wouldn’t mind going down the garden or something. They are probably smoking it in the house instead of the garden because they are worried about you noticing.

[/b]

I understand why you would say that,but if you approach them in a friendly way you might have some success.Yes they can do what they want in there own home[within reason]but they might very well be understanding and do something about it.They might tell you to naff off but worth a try:)

It is not their own home but a private rent. Most landlords do not allow smoking in their properties. Could you speak to the landlord ?

I would imagine the air fresheners are worse for your health than the smell of weed, but as blackberry says, ask them if they can smoke outside or get an extractor fan or something.

If you approach them in a friendly way you might have some success.Yes they can do what they want in there own home[within reason]but they might very well be understanding and do something about it.They might tell you to naff off but worth a try:)

The best bet would be to have a word with them. Next time you see them just politely have a chat. Don’t mention the police. Just say its starting to do your head in and your grankid comes over to stay. Ask them if they wouldn’t mind going down the garden or something. They are probably smoking it in the house instead of the garden because they are worried about you noticing.

Agreed, agreed; sounds like the best thing to try.

Agree with the people who say talk to them but you will need to be diplomatic. Be careful you dont make an enemy as neighbour disputes are a real pain. They might not realise there is a problem or they might not care, but you will be able to form an opinion of who they are. Perhaps they could smoke it in a different room?

At some stage if they dont make a change and it still annoys, then you will have to consider getting other people involved.

Edited by 999tigger

My neighbour was taken advantage of with the place used by weed smokers which was instantly noticeable.

Give 101 a call to report it and keep a diary of the incident numbers and what was reported at the time. There will no doubt be other anti social behaviour so note that too.

Let your neighbour know how it is affecting you, like if they open a window close to you and your concerns. If you can't say it to them, write them a note.

Have a look to see if a neighbourhood watch scheme is set up near you for support http://www.ourwatch.org.uk/

yes fully understand next door can do want he wants in his own home etc

Technically it's illegal but I wouldn't expect any help from the plods.

I don't understand how you can smell the smoke indoors at yours if they are next door?

It's an extremely pervasive smell. I can smell it walking past houses. The police would be able to smell it too, if they ever left their desks.