Neighbours smoking weed issue any thoughts

our neighbours smoking weed and the smell is coming in to our bedroom

either up the chimmey or up through floor boards so i can;t seal the smell or find exactly where its coming in.

we also have our 10month grandson to stay at times and don't need the hassle as its his health that concern's us ?

mrs is spending £10 a week on air fresheners lol but only short term fix

yes fully understand next door can do want he wants in his own home etc

we own our home and next door is private rent but don,t really want to go knocking on his door or complain as no other problems than this

any advice or ideas :help:

Report them to the police.................. drug users should be in prison , not making their neighbours lives a misery .

---------- Post added 24-12-2013 at 11:52 ----------

Like they said. petecob's advice is foolish.

Why is this advice foolish ? Do you condone illegal drug use. ?

Report them to the police.................. drug users should be in prison , not making their neighbours lives a misery .

Yes, yes I do. Maybe you should try then you won't be so angry.

I'd rather smoke than breathe ozone.

It is one of the pollutants that are carefully monitored by defra.

Only the OP knows what his neighbours are like. They have to consider what they want to achieve and the consequences of any actions they take.

If the police suddenly show up, then you run the risk the neighbour will cotton on to who told them. They then create an enemy and theres a lot a neighbour can do to make their life much more difficult than just a smell. You dont know if they are growing or just smoking.

Its more sensible to just have a chat with them first to see if it can be sorted out amicably. Rather than mention weed i'd just mention the really strong smell. They know what it will be. If its just smoking, then they could smoke it in another room. They might solve the problem. If they decide to do nothing, then you have to reconsider and maybe talk to the landlord.

The OP sounds as though all he wants is for the smell to go away and isnt interested in getting them into trouble.

As 999 says, just say you've noticed a bad smell and ask them if they've noticed it too. Don't mention you know what it is or where it's coming from. Blame the drains or something. They may get the hint.

Grab yourself one of these great 'Nice people take drugs' T shirts http://www.release.org.uk/products- and read all about the excellent campaign behind the slogan.

It's true. Nice people take drugs.

I'd rather smoke than breathe ozone.

It is one of the pollutants that are carefully monitored by defra.

ye we are talking about small household ones not industrial, i should imagine the air fresheners are an health hazard, i know being an asthmatic some take my breath so don't like them in the house, although our girt will sneak in the odd scented candle lol

As others have said, just go round and have a polite word with them - you could ask them to maybe do it in a different area of the house or open a window, I'm sure you can resolve the issue amicably and without the stress of involving the police or council. I hope you manage to come to an agreement with them :)

Grab yourself one of these great 'Nice people take drugs' T shirts http://www.release.org.uk/products- and read all about the excellent campaign behind the slogan.

It's true. Nice people take drugs.

Really................. here`s me thinking cannabis users should be in prison for a long time. And cannabis dealers and growers should be sent down for life.

Really................. here`s me thinking cannabis users should be in prison for a long time. And cannabis dealers and growers should be sent down for life.

Yeah, sad isn't it? You're so out of touch and so emotionally withered. Bless your shrunken heart.