Nuisance Neighbours

Hi, Ive had a nuisance neighbour since November last year i done all the phoning the coucil and ive even phoned the police through him harrassing me and they have done nothing coz he has denied it all...ive filled in diary sheets and everything and i really dont know what to any more has anyone got any ideas apart from killing the Ali G wannabe?

i am really at the last straw and i need to see light at the end of the tunnel

be really grateful for your help..

Stay Sexy

S x

:(

Whty type of nuisance is your neighbour causing you? If it is noise, you could contact Environmental Health. They have monitoring machines to record sound levels.

Keeping a diary is a good thing. Has anyone else witnessed anything that he's done wrong? It could be good to get a statement from them if so.

If he's renting then the landlord should get involved. It will be in his tenancy agreement not to cause a nuisance to neighbours. I assume this will apply also if he's in a council house.

I wish you all the luck in the world sorting him out. I don't have any useful advice. I just moved house when I came to a brick wall with my nuisance neighbour.

Good luck.

x

I hate to say it but if he's really bad and getting you down I would move house. I had a nuisance neighbour for a while, his girlfriend owned the flat below me. He was an alcoholic with a serious coke addict and they used to come home every night at 3 o clock in the morning have a screaming row for hours and then "make up" very loudly after that. He once smased down the front door to the flats, kicked the walls in in the communal hallway and smashed all his girlfriends window in the middle of the night and beat her up and tried to strangle her. (He did get a night in the cells for that.)

Then he had what he referred to as his 'accident', he got beaten up in a tube station either because he picked a fight with someone bigger than him or someone he was trying to score drugs off. He nearly died and was given the last rites 3 times, he did recover but with brain damage.

Problem was that made him even worse than before, he couldn't stand any noise and was upset by us walking around upstairs from him. There wasn't much we could do. When they'd been making the noise they told us it was our problem and to sound proof. When it was his problem he thought we should foot the bill for sound proofing. On top of this he actually started imagining noises he constantly banged on the floor even when we were asleep. His girlfriend was forced into silence by him too, she went grey in about 3 months.

But in relation to your point, in the end he threatened to stab us and we called the police - all they did was give him a talking too. They don't want to get involved, they see the cases as similar to domestics apparently the only course of action to take is an injunction but as he lives next door to you they will be almost impossible to get as he can't really be barred from his own home. We were lucky, his girlfriend threw him out after that. But if you can't do anything and he's not going anywhere I'd leave, no point wasting your life like that.

What exactly is it he's doing? The only other think I can suggest is that if it's a rented flat finding out who his landlord is and contacting them, especially if it's a privately rented flat - his landlord might well want him out if he knows.

thanks for everything...but its council..and i know if it was happening to the ppl at the council it wunt be happening very long...its just a drag.

The new thing is hes put in a complaint about me now saying i make as much noise !!! the cheek !!! but at least i have the council on my side and they dont believe him...i am appling for re-housing and am making the councils life a misery phoning up everyday so i know they'll get fed up of me before i get fed up of them...

what is wrong with these people tho its like they are born to **** people off.. they should be a law where they are aloud to give em a good slap!

Well am getting the recording equipment and see how it goes...anybody go an better ideas PLZ PLZ PLZ let me know

:help:

Witnesses? Try and get anyone else you can to overhear/ witness this? That will all help if it comes to a hearing of some kind :0/

Id get some big blokes to beat them up...just kidding

Really though why should she move out - she has as much right to be there as them.

I found noisey neighbours didnt like competition..if you cant beat them then play some really hard music with the speaks against the walls

I f this sounds like I'm patronising you I apologise in advance but have you tried just explaing to him what your problem is?

Something along the lines of " your music sounds good, who is it, but would you mind putting an end to it at 8pm because my kids are in bed & they don't appreciate good music like us".

Sometimes being someones friend then asking them to stop doing something gets you that peace of mind.

Had a new neighbour move into the flat below me a bit ago. The block where I live is used for Interim Housing - the council sticking people in who they have a duty to re-house.

I could tell this guy was a saddo due to the endless repeats of Meatloaf "I will do anything for love" and Bonnie Tyler's "Holding out for a hero"

Divorced and kicked out I reckoned.

Although annoying and loud the music didn't impact on my life because he played it during the day and early evening. However after two nights when he got in at past midnight and played his trash until 4am I reported him to the council. Other neighbours had complained and gone round to knock on his door. He put a little sign up saying "F*** off away from my door"

Unfortunately before I could fill my incident diary in he embarked on another all night saddo excercise. I lost my rag, belted his door with a four foot metal bar and told him in no uncertain terms to shut it. Now I'm not a big man but my righteous anger and large piece of metal seem to have prompted him to be quiet.

Very bad of me I know, shouldn't take law into own hands, etc etc, no excuse for violence etc etc. But I really was at the end of my tether.

if you record his abuse towards you that will help then go to advise centre for help they will sort it out quick

I had a care in the community guy who lived in the flat beneath me. He could hear me walking on his ceiling. Hammered on my door at all hours of the night and early morning. The Council were real helpful, offered to check my flat for loose floorboards etc. (Why not sound proof his ceiling).

His social worker visited me, and asked me to understand? Said he imagined it sometimes, depending on his medication?

The police really weren't bothered, until I said I kept an axe on the shelf by the front door, and if he ever crossed the line?????

His social worker had him removed.