Charities that take old TVs?

Does anyone know if any local charities take old TVs?

Don't really want to skip them, 2 in good working order. Listed in classified section free to a good home, but will also try charities.

Thanks

Steve T

Hi yes British Heart Foundation do collect electrical items. Give them a ring and they will tell you what day they collect in your area.

Does anyone know of where to get rid of old broken ones?

I can't drive so the tip isn't an option and the council want £15 to take them away.

Hi yes British Heart Foundation do collect electrical items. Give them a ring and they will tell you what day they collect in your area.

Yes, but do they want the old-style, analogue TVs? does anyone want them now?

The last time I was in they had shelves of them all running on display, although that was a few month ago.

---------- Post added 22-12-2013 at 19:33 ----------

I can't drive so the tip isn't an option and the council want £15 to take them away.

What size are they?

Use a taxi and take a bus back. I assume you have a disability or pensioner pass.

---------- Post added 23-12-2013 at 08:45 ----------

Some of those later big old ones have good quality display and they are not as nickable as the flat screens.

"Use a taxi and take a bus back. I assume you have a disability or pensioner pass."

Why do you assume that?

"Use a taxi and take a bus back. I assume you have a disability or pensioner pass."

Why do you assume that?

I have driven for 21 years. At least England has the decency to give people that can't drive anymore a disability pass for public transport.

If you have a new one delivered then you can oblige the retailer to take away the old one under WEEE regulations.

What size are they?

Um...they are the big fat ones, one is about 32 inches and the other is a huge heavy thing I think that's 42 inches. I can't really remember. Sorry.

Take it to bits, screwdriver and hammer will sort it, then chuck it in your black bin bit by bit!