How can i block a text message scam?

hi ive just recieved a bill for november from the 3 network and i usually pay £26 a month and ive just got one for £35 ?

ive looked online at my bill and ive recieved 3 incoming texts for £3.00 each from number 85878 , ive looked through my phone and these numbers arnt there what can they be , ive contacted 3 but am waiting for a reply , this is what my billed items say on my bill as follows.

Sat 30 Nov 21:07 85878 Premium Messaging Service Received Excluded £3.000

Sat 23 Nov 21:23 85878 Premium Messaging Service Received Excluded £3.000

Sat 16 Nov 21:40 85878 Premium Messaging Service Received Excluded £3.00

every saturday at roughly the same time?

how can i block them from 3 network anyone know?

Sounds like you've signed up to some sort of premium rate service. Downloaded a ring tone or something like that? Try texting stop to the number you have. It doesn't always work first time so try again if it doesn't work. Also messages can be blocked usually in message settings.

Exactly the same is happening to me. Going to ring O2 in the morning to see what they say. If I have to change my number I will. But how have these scumbags got hold of my number?!! It's been happening for 2 months now, only just realised the scum have been taking money from my O2 bill. EXTREMELY angry about this!

But how have these scumbags got hold of my number?!!

From O2, these mobile networks are in on this premium SMS scam, it's been happening for years.