Taxi - Xmas Day Evening

Can anyone recommend a taxi company that could take my parents home from ours Xmas Day night, from one end of Sheffield to the other, and that won't charge a ridiculous amount of money (it's usually around £30).

I'm working Xmas Day myself up until lunchtime and would like to have a few mulled wines in the afternoon.

Many thanks :)

Mercury charge £2 on top of the normal fare (regardless of distance), I'd imagine City Cabs have much the same arrangement.

Either firm can be recommended although I'd get in touch and book in advance.

Mercury charge £2 on top of the normal fare (regardless of distance), I'd imagine City Cabs have much the same arrangement.

I thought mercury and city taxis were under the same umbrella now. Are they two separate companies

phone up and get a quote..the one i had last last year did a tour of sheffield n tried to charge me for it....no i didnt pay...infact while i was in the cab i phoned the company and put phone on load speaker so the driver could hear the quote

Mercury are great ... used them last Christmas Day to collect and transport a wheelchair bound lady (G/F's mum). Extremely polite and punctual, the price was no different to any other day (if it was, it was minimal). :thumbsup:

They all get you from A to B don't they?

I don't know which aspect of the ride you want to be worthy of recommendation.

They're all basically governed by the same rules from SCC, so it really doesn't matter which company you choose.

They're all basically governed by the same rules from SCC, so it really doesn't matter which company you choose.

Maybe the OP wanted recommendations based on things such as reliability, punctuality, helpfulness of driver etc

i've booked a taxi for christmas day, late afternoon with city cars. i think it was £2 extra than normal, they gave me the price over the phone for the whole journey. i have used them often before and they have always been very reliable

I just want a taxi that isn't going to charge £££ over the odds but basically wanted recommendations from people that had used cabs on Xmas Day before :roll:

Personally i think fare plus half is reasonable. Would you give up your festive period to work?? And i'm talking about drivers that celebrate xmas with their families.

Well, speaking as the OP, I have no choice but to work Xmas Day. Am working right through Xmas and the New Year festivities but in nursing you don't get a choice. Thankfully have the afternoon/evening of Xmas Day off, hence me wanting to book a cab for my parents to get home so I can enjoy a few glasses of vino.