Royal mail: it's not good enough!

Our experience of Royal Mail service is generally excellent. Yes, a few letters don't arrive the day after posting but we're not aware of anything going astray in recent memory. We rarely receive post that isn't ours. As far as we know mail we send arrives quickly. If mail is going astray in the quantity some allege it suggests service is better in some areas than others. We cannot know how many items that go astray were wrongly addressed. Relatives experienced difficulties in another city that was put down to dishonesty, but that was for a short period and investigated by Royal Mail.

If you find it hard to believe I have each and every response to tge claims I've put to Royal Mail! That's not hard to believe is it???

---------- Post added 21-12-2013 at 11:43 ----------

In general I think most of the colleagues who work in Royal mail work hard. It's the unfortunate few that cause issues but also the systems and the support given by royal mail is a source of many of the problems and cost cutting exercises. A workman is only as good as his tools!

No it's not good enough! I have two storm doors (always left open) one of which has the original letterbox which is taped up cos it doesn't work. This means that the postman when he comes to deliver the mail has a letter box facing him on the door into the house - can't miss it. Yet it seems he can.

Mail chucked on the doorstep (including new bank cards). Had it all and have caught the guy doing it who seems to think it's hilarious. reported it many times but now have the contact details for the senior bod who rang me to apologise. So every time this same muppet does it, he gets reported.

I thought there might be a wee clue in the name letter box maybe?

Edited by annbaker
to clarify

i sent a parcel 1st class recorded delivery and it took 2 weeks to get there , they are overpriced and rubbish

Well you always have the option of delivering the parcel yourself.

We got a card from the PO telling us that they couldn't deliver an item as there was insufficient postage on the item.

Amount due £1.09 including £1 handling fee

I worked out it's probably a large letter (Xmas card) with a 60p 1st class stamp on it.

The last time this happened it was blooming junk mail that I paid to get!!

I'm sorely tempted to let them keep it as the sorting office is 4 miles away too.

I wonder if they'd bring it to the counter before I paid so I could see what it was. (Wife says I'm a cheapskate:cry:)

My daughter received an Easter card with a voucher this year in June. It was postmakred 31st March, sent from Scotland with a first class stamp. Hardly a first class service!

I have never had any problems with my mail, other than not being in and having to go to the sorting office to collect my parcels which is a only a minor inconvenience :)

me too

specially as i walk past the sorting office on the way to work lol