Royal mail: it's not good enough!

Royal mail are getting worse. Ok I know its their busiest time of the year but in the last 3 weeks I've sent a recorded delivery only proof of delivery I was able to get was a reply from the recipient. Me and dad sent birthday cards to my sister at s8 both never arrived. Maybe my mistake was sending a coloured envelope did someone assume money was inside?. Do we need so start paying for recorded or special delivery at 5 quid a pop just to make sure somthing gets delivered? Oh and I have got what looks like my first Christmas card delivered today. I'm at s5 - for a address at KILLAMARSH! would it have been to much hassle for pat to take it back to the sorting office? Share your experiences folks have I just had bad luck.

Royal mail are getting worse. Ok I know its their busiest time of the year but in the last 3 weeks I've sent a recorded delivery only proof of delivery I was able to get was a reply from the recipient. Me and dad sent birthday cards to my sister at s8 both never arrived. Maybe my mistake was sending a coloured envelope did someone assume money was inside?. Do we need so start paying for recorded or special delivery at 5 quid a pop just to make sure somthing gets delivered? Oh and I have got what looks like my first Christmas card delivered today. I'm at s5 - for a address at KILLAMARSH! would it have been to much hassle for pat to take it back to the sorting office? Share your experiences folks have I just had bad luck.

I always send birthday cards etc in brown envelopes always have done for years

Edited by d71146

Royal mail does appear to have different type of priorities last few years. Less customer based and more self profit centred.

There is little competition for them to fight with and internetshopping has survived them from invention of emails. We reckon quality of (royal?) mail has decreased by at least 25% last three years. We have good relations with all neighbours now but if 10 years ago we get our post delivered to wrong place like now we would be in big trouble.

The cost has increased and they are trying to do it all with less effort and labour.

I know mistakes can happen same with any job but its getting silly.

Think you must be unlucky or I'm very lucky. Posted our cards to family last Monday and they had all arrived by Wednesday. I've had football tickets ordered last Tuesday that turned up yesterday and we've had no post for other people. I know that first class mail is supposed to arrive the next day but at this time of the year I'm happy to be a little flexible so Royal Mail works just fine for us.

I'm still getting re-directed post delivered to my old address (it's pot luck, some comes to new some to old).

I sent 3 parcels to the Borders and Christmas cards, done Monday got there by Wednesday

If you want a service then pay more than 60p for a stamp.

Royal Mail services don't offer to do any more than deliver them eventually unless you pay for it.

I have never had any problems with my mail, other than not being in and having to go to the sorting office to collect my parcels which is a only a minor inconvenience :)

We keep getting mail for the same number house on the next street! I do wonder if they get ours to! I do post it to them but I never get any back!

at work we got a letter delivered 16th december - it was posted 1st class 27th November!!