Has anyone worked for Capita Call Centre?

hi i used to work in Queens House and i thought it was fine. there were options to progress as an adjuster or become a TA etc. however they couldnt really offer any specific career development as we all knew it was a gov contract with a limited time when we first joined. plus the work we did was so specific to the contract it didnt really relate to other jobs apart from transferable skills.

hartshead offers a chance to progress as a pensions administrator like queens house offered you progression to be a different role of adjuster. and you can study for a pensions qualification. but the atmosphere just doesnt compare. people at queens house were a lot more friendly etc-was a really good social atmosphere and everyone knew everyone else. just not the same at hartshead plus so boring its unreal!!

depends what you want out of a job really. but i didnt mind capita at all. never worked in the call centre tho.

The place is horrific!

They make people scapegoats as they are afraid to say anything to the people who are the real culprits.

They have rubbish pay rises and reviews.

There are a lot of cheats and backstabbers.

The team leaders are the worst.

Its just like most offices at the end of the day. However, I'm lucky to work with excellent team and really good managers in our particular organisation.

However, in the current lack of job climate people can't be choosey. Take this job until another one comes. No employer likes to see long term gaps in a persons employment history that can't be easily explained. Taking this as a stop gap will show your attitude to work. A decent employer will like this in an applicant.

I got a phone call from someone at Dixons, about going through a 5-10minute online questionnaire, leading to a job? I think it was from someone at Dixons rather than from an agency. I would be interested but I would have alot of travelling to do so, anyone have any idea of shift times?

I got a phone call from someone at Dixons, about going through a 5-10minute online questionnaire, leading to a job? I think it was from someone at Dixons rather than from an agency. I would be interested but I would have alot of travelling to do so, anyone have any idea of shift times?

How did you get this interview? I'd love to give it a go at Dixons call centre, but never see them advertising. I've never done this type of work before, but would love to try, and am a very capable person currently working in the town hall in the dungeons.

Let me know. :)

if its call centre work your looking for in the centre of sheffield give ant marketing a try (everyone else has at somepoint!) william hill (highly recommended!) or norwich union just around the corner from capita (if its one in s11)

WORKED THERE HATED IT

- wHEN YOU TRY TO BOOK HOLIDAYS E.G CRIMBO AND NEW YEAR YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR A MANAGER TO OK IT,THE YEAR OF MY DAUGHTERS 1ST CRIMBO I KEPT REMINDING MY MANAGER THAT I COULDNT WORK IT FOR MONTHS BEFORE STHEY SAID TELL ME CLOSER TO THE TIME,WHEN IT CAME TO GOING BACK TO BOOK IT OFF THEY WHERE TELLING ME ALL HOLIDAYS HAD GONE AND I WOULD HAVE TO WORK.

-WITHIN A YEAR OF WORKING THERE I HAD 4 DIFFERENT MANAGERS.

-I FOUND ALOT OF THE YOUNG WOMEN THERE REALLY BITCHY.

- WAS CONSTANTLY MOVED UP AND DOWN THE FLOOR WITH MY "TEAM" WITH NO NOTICE SO IF I DIDNT GET TO WORK EARLY AND I DIDNT REALISE I WOULD BE LATE SIGNING IN.

- MY MANAGER COULDNT REMEMBER MY NAME AFTER MONTHS!!!

- I WAS A TEMP I NEVER GOT LEU TIME,SO IF MY SHIFT FINISHED AT 5 AND I WAS ON A CALL TO AN ANGRY CUSTOMER FOR AN EXTRA 20 MIN I NEVER GOT ANYTHING FOR IT.

-WHEN I STARTED BONUSES WHERE CASH - THEN THEY CHANGED TO TO A POINTS SCHEME WHERE YOU HAVE TO BUY THINGS FROM THERE COMPANY ......

NEED ANY MOREEE??

How did you get this interview? I'd love to give it a go at Dixons call centre, but never see them advertising. I've never done this type of work before, but would love to try, and am a very capable person currently working in the town hall in the dungeons.

Let me know. :)

I got it through Blue Arrow but after I turned down a PT position, havent heard anything back from them. So Im not sure whether the person who rang me is from Dixons or the agency, still undecided as to whether to go for the job due to travel issues.

I used to work for Capita on the Coal Health contract in Queens house.

Does anyone know if that building is now closed because I heard that Capita were moving out of that building this month due to the completion of the contract.

http://www.computerweekly.com/Articles/2008/11/17/233415/sheffield-council-chooses-capita-for-200m-it-services.htm

How ironic given some of the posts in this thread about how people have been treated by Capita that they've been handed the contract to run the council's HR services :loopy:. Bit like trusting Al Queda to guard your nuclear weapons:hihi:

Its just like most offices at the end of the day. However, I'm lucky to work with excellent team and really good managers in our particular organisation.

However, in the current lack of job climate people can't be choosey. Take this job until another one comes. No employer likes to see long term gaps in a persons employment history that can't be easily explained. Taking this as a stop gap will show your attitude to work. A decent employer will like this in an applicant.

This would be the equivalent of telling an abused wife to go back to their abusive partner. A much better course of action would be to do some voluntary work. Just working in this kind of environment could undermine your self esteem and in turn harm your chances of getting something better. Steer clear of this horrible company

Could someone summarise this thread for me so that it is relevant to now? :hihi:

I have an aptitude test at Blue Arrow tomorrow and before I am (or not?) offered anything i'd just like to know if the call centre still has a Capita feel about it?

Edit: It's the call centre on Sheffield Parkway.

Cheers.

Edited by Purital

Could someone summarise this thread for me so that it is relevant to now? :hihi:

I have an aptitude test at Blue Arrow tomorrow and before I am (or not?) offered anything i'd just like to know if the call centre still has a Capita feel about it?

Edit: It's the call centre on Sheffield Parkway.

Cheers.

No it does not have a Crapita feel to it now, its improved 100%