Has anyone worked for Capita Call Centre?

Hi,

I know people in there.

they are not looking at the moment.

David

Member of staff gets hit by a car whilst walking to work. Breaks both legs, several ribs & collar bone. Takes several months off under doctor's orders. Returns to work and gets a formal written warning on his file, which will be passed to any prospective employer requesting a reference.

Can anyone think of a good reason why the manager responsible should not beaten about the head with a bit of 2 by 4 with a rusty nail in the end?

Hi,

I know people in there.

they are not looking at the moment.

They're not? Cool. What shall we do?

:suspect:

So, call centre people - have Dixons taken this back in hand yet, or is it still Capita owned? I'd heard it was due to switch back to Dixons this very month, but I don't know how true that is. It's a real ongoing saga isn't it?

Any jobs? :D:hihi::gag:

I got a call from Blue Arrow after them seeing my C.V off the net... I started work straight away (said i had work for at least 3 months), after 2 weeks they said to me and the team tht if we dnt change our shifts to early mornings or late shifts we will get laid off. I have 2 small children so there was no chance i could do it. i did explain why i couldnt change so they said it will be ok.... 5 weeks later oe day after worki got a call and told me not to come back in as there isnt any more work for me... Was temporary so nothing i could do! 2 Small children and a house to pay for and 3 weeks before christmas! Disgusting!!!! They treat you like robots!

So, call centre people - have Dixons taken this back in hand yet, or is it still Capita owned? I'd heard it was due to switch back to Dixons this very month, but I don't know how true that is. It's a real ongoing saga isn't it?

Both the Sheffield and Nottingham call centers pass back to DSGi on September 2nd.

My better half work in a branch of PC World down south and the Sheffield call center has a reputation throughout the whole of the DSG empire. At his store they very often deal with customer problems instore instead of directing them to the telephone, which officially, they're supposed to do.

I dont know if the figure for the amount of customer queries that go unresolved is public so I wont mention it, but according to the figures available to staff internally, it's beyond terrible. No wonder DSG have taken it back in house.

Im starting work at capita/dixons callcentre on the 1st of sept should i be worried?

Is it true that capita is changing back to dixons then? that's what ive been told anyway.

Both the Sheffield and Nottingham call centers pass back to DSGi on September 2nd.

My better half work in a branch of PC World down south and the Sheffield call center has a reputation throughout the whole of the DSG empire. At his store they very often deal with customer problems instore instead of directing them to the telephone, which officially, they're supposed to do.

I dont know if the figure for the amount of customer queries that go unresolved is public so I wont mention it, but according to the figures available to staff internally, it's beyond terrible. No wonder DSG have taken it back in house.

If your better half works at a pcworld store down south then she should know it was taken over July-thank heavens. If the store does deal with complaints in the store, its probably one of the southern stores we can never get through to on the phone anyway. There seems to be a southern thing about not been able to pick a telephone when we call. Anywhere north of Northampton, no problems. They ought to teach southerners how to use a phone, it does come in quite handy.

Im starting work at capita/dixons callcentre on the 1st of sept should i be worried?

Is it true that capita is changing back to dixons then? that's what ive been told anyway.

Its definitely dixons now-deep joy. All capita wanted to do was get a smany calls through the centre as possible because they charged dixons per call taken, so customer service was not good because of that

Its definitely dixons now-deep joy. All capita wanted to do was get a smany calls through the centre as possible because they charged dixons per call taken, so customer service was not good because of that

thanks i start sep 1st too & worked there for capita hated every day under them lol

I had a job offer from Blue Arrow for Dixons/Capita call centre which was PT but rejected it as I didnt see the value of travelling from home just for £130 a week. In the writing of my application, the guy was asking whether I'd done a media degree or worked in a media organisation, what was the reasoning behind those questions?

Ive put my name down for FT work at Dixons, but erm, not fully sure. Awaiting a reply from Freemans which Id like to work for.

They didn't charge per call daftlad...it was a contract worth 18M over 5 years. I do agree that it was quantity not quality that they were after though...The agreement was that they performed to certain targets set by DSGi each month.

Every business unit had it's own targets and if it didn't meet the target a £20K service credit (fine) was levied on them by DSGi. Needless to say, much like Enron, near the end of each month, managers were in panic that they wouldn't meet this target and this lead to serious falsifications (- This was where I exited -stage left). Supposed if x amount of business units failed consecutively over a 3 month period - DSGi could end the contract.

Thank god the contract has ended with that shower....it will be outsourced again though. It's cheaper for DSGi to do it that way...sadly.:(