Has anyone worked for Capita Call Centre?

It's great if you're a manager, as that means absolutely zero to these people. Sit around, chat, fob you off if you dare to ask them for help. They place so much importance on just getting the person off the phone to keep the precious stats down, that most of the calls you get through are people calling for the second or third (or more) time. Don't work there unless you like being yelled at, being monitored on every little thing right down to toilet breaks (few seconds late back will drag the stats down, and we can't have that!).

Just don't bother, if you're desperate for a job go to McDonalds, or Ant Marketing instead, seriously.

Wow.. great votes for Crapita here :P

They appear to have their fingers in a number of pies around Sheffield.. all of them tasting like poo-poo.. Quality, not quantity, eh

Massive LOL!!

I worked for Capita Call Centre for Dixons DSG.. I found it alright to be fair.. had a good laugh and met some good people (although out of the 18 that I trained with I think there were 4 left after 2 months!)

It is very much like a cattle market, people in and out allll the time.

Training was fine for me, I'm a very quick learner and I picked it up easily, but everyone else thought it was rubbish.

The good thing about working here was the money, and when you do actually know what you are doing (even though you are thrown into calls even when 90% of the training people don't know what they are doing) it's realllyyy easy money.

Negatives are I found the odd team leader was a bit nasty and talked down to you a lot.. whereas others were brilliant and really friendly...

Major downside is people get put on warnings even when they are off work for legit things like being in hospital... this is not right?! This is the reason I got fired after 6.5 months of hard working for them! and I knew of a few people who were on 'stage one' warnings due to things like this.. not right at all

oh they don't care about that, why would they when they can just get someone else in to cover the phones? as for putting in the hard work, they will not care one bit.

i felt like a battery hen when i worked there, not an employee.

I work for Capita in Queens house so I don't know what the call centre is like but if it is anything like Coal Health then I would steer clear. They work you to the bone for a pittance, I think performance related pay for not much more than minimum wage is a disgrace. In my department we have time sheets which we have to record every little thing we do during the day including toilet breaks. The computer systems crash very frequently and their idea of reward & recognition is to buy sweets & buns which is patronising because we are adults not children. They only make such big profits because they pay crap wages.

well as they don't seem capable of independant thought, only what the 'system' tells them i wouldn't hold out much hope. they probably won't care one bit, can he take it higher maybe.. i would advise your mate not to miss an important event like this for a company that does not care about it's employees. in a couple of years time when crapita are a bad memory he'll be kicking himself.

lol Dave, your mate is a fool.

I was sat near to him when he cancelled the holidays, despite reading an email and receiving a warning about it from both his Team Leader and one of his collegues, he took the gamble and cancelled the holidays anyway, he knew full well what he was doing and what the consequences were - he has no one to blame but himself.

Boo Hoo I cancelled my holidays and the big nasty company wont let me book them again.

Im happy because they have given them to someone else who requested those dates and couldnt get them because your mate booked without thinking. Im happy because that person was me.

I would be furious with him, not the company for thinking so little of you he would risk not attending your wedding... not that I blame him for it, if I were invited I might have an accident with the booking system too!

don't work there! worked there for 10 months never wana go back

i worked for capita at nurnary sq, it was just like been at school again. good fun but the work was really brain numbing.

DO NOT do it to yourself. The wages may be good but........Please don't do it.

ive been working in that hell hole for 3yrs now, thought it'd be a good move regular hours regular days off not having to work stupid amount of hours per week in winter, how wrong could I be, place is going down hill fast espescially now with annualised hours, what a load of **** trying to get out but need some sort of job security and i'll end up owing them because amount of hours i've worked. roll on christmas enjoy it with the family, thats if you ever see them!