Has anyone worked for Capita Call Centre?

Well, i was wondering why Stu was calling me "darkstar" all the time and now i know !

Firstly, my names Matt and im on Rapid Response Team.

Ive been with capita now for roughly a year and a half and i must admit ive had both my ups and downs while working for them.

Im mostly impressed with the site and all, most of the managers are great ( PC World and Rapid Response Especially ) and i get along with alot of the staff there.

Theres been a few things thats ****** me off about capita, although i wont go into details they arnt to do with the managers.

I must admit, the one thing that i was failing to see until recently was a way to progress, but then rapid response started and now its given me a new career path to follow.

Im not trying to make it sound the best place because comon, everyone has there mopes and grimes about the place but i aint had too many problems with them.

One thing i really love about it, the partys, lou on reception always does a great job on them and she always smiles :P

Some of you may think i need :help: but i dont really see any problems with the place.

Just so you all know, capita is my first job after leaving school so i havent got anything to compare it too but i quite like it at the moment, just 1 or 2 people there that really annoy me.

(No names will be mentioned so dont bother asking)

If anyone wants a starter job then id consider capita but really its down to you !!!

Anyone wants to give me feedback - Email it to me directly, Bullseye113@gmail.com because i wont read this after this post, i just wanted to post my comments about the place.

depends who u are workng for.

I have alot of friends working at capita, most for curry's and dixions. they say capita is a load of ****, but i also have some working for PC world. they say that pc world's leaders treat u very well and are helptful etc. and the people who work in pc world are sound people!

personally i say work for M&S fargate where i work, lol! :D

hey everyone i would like to talk to u about capita

i worked for capita for nearly ywo years the 1st year i worked there was fantastic the second year not so good infact it was terrible i worked on the dixons/currys telesales department and the amount of favourtism was appaling certain team leaders were great other were bad, i havent worked for capita since august last year during that year when we had the floods in sheffield i wasnt permited to go home and i lived in chapletown it took me until 11:00pm to get home from 5:30pm what a joke, now that i havent worked for them for nearly a year they have just posted me a letter saying i owe them money for holidays which i had taken saying that i wasnt entitled to them whats that all about and even better there sending out the soliciters to take me to court lol in other words

CAPITA IS A EALY W**K AND SH*T COPMANY TO WORK FOR THEY NEED TO GET THEM SELVES SORTED OUT SEE YA IN COURT :)

I worked there for a couple of months, and that was too long.

They are supposed to promote customer service, but yet I was getting told off for spending too long on the phone to a client. They want you to spend as little as 2 mins per customer, and each day they have a meeting to assess how you're getting on. It's not a personal one, but a TEAM one. You have your breaks at different times to your team, so you don't get to have a chat with anyone.

Personally I hated it, but some people have been there for years.

But lets put it this way...I started with 8 other people, of which only 2 remain, and they are trying to get out.

If that place was good to work for, why do they have a recruiting day EVERY Monday???

Hope that answered your question net_chick :gag:;)

Exactly my experience to a tee. Also the place next to cavells in town was doing the recruiting for them when I worked there- can't remember what its called though sorry.

One More Thing If You Want To Work For Capita Dnt Be Fooled By Smiles And Cheers I Was Good At My Job Thats Why I Got The Top Wack Pay Rise Its All Down To If U Fit In People Didnt Like It When I Earned More Money Than Them They Would Ask Me How Much I Got For That Mnth I Wouldnt Tell Them Then They Would Get Face On And Wouldnt Talk To Me And Bitch Behind My Back

People Would Ask U Question And Wouldnt Like The Answer I Gave Coz It Made Them Feel At The Bottom Of The Food Chain

Bit Of Advice U Give A Question U Get An Answer If U Dnt Like The Answer Why Ask The Question In The First Place

People Are Like That In Capita Then They Go Cry To Team Leaders And Try To Get U Sacked It Never Happened To Me Though As I Specifed That I Was Asked A Question In My Own Time Not During Work Hours And They Still Tried To Sack Me I Said It Would Be Unlawful And I Could Claim Once I Said That They Didnt Have A Leg To Stand On I Heard Nothink From Them And Then I Quit And The Laughs On Them :)

Ps: If U Work For Capita Make Sure U Do Things In Your Own Time Not During Work Time As They Cannot Have A Leg To Stnd On And If They Try Take Legal Action Trust Me It Helps :)

well well ... things havnt changed much at capita then have they!!! personally i wouldnt worry about the holiday crap. call their bluff... start a grievance against them .... left due to stress etc etc all their fault.... in fact dont bother... just let them get on with it. enough rope usually works with that company....:loopy:

ps i wonder who that bloke with glasses is that is nasty?? bet i know him ..... propably a capita stick ov rock with capita running rite thru them... and to the person who did their post whilst in call work..... nice one... internet abuse and call work to do it in. hat off to ya.:thumbsup:

my friend worked for capita over xmas.

he was happy for like 2 weeks then he said they were **** to work for.

so he just took the **** answering calls, putting customers on hold and play pool. lol basically ******* them off. which he says they deserve

then they tried putting fraud accusations on him...he just called their bluff, saud he didnt care to them and they just dropped it

HAHA!

Well, just to update you all with my hell hole of a story with Capita.

About what, 2 weeks after my last post, they sacked me saying that i was always having late lunches and breaks (I was on both customer services and technical support, long calls which 99% of the time ate into your lunch making u late).

Then, to make matters worse, when the other companies started asking Capita for a referance they said they couldent give them one !, how great that looked my first job and they couldent even give a referance.

By the sounds of it alots changed yet again over christmas and the new year, Tech Guys Customer Services have been moved to nottingham (O great, no more "i know you" tactics will work anymore !!!), The "Rapid Response Team" have now gone off of technical support and been moved to "Correspondance", Corre team has been abolished and the old members of The Tech Guys Customer Services are now on PC World !

Personally to me speakin with a few of the guys i used to work with im glad i got out of there when i did cause it sounds like everything is going downhill for the sheffield site !

Luckily managed to find some agency work with Reeds Accountancy (good agency, i would recommend them) and that got me back on track.

But, still, to anyone looking for a job, ignore my last post completely, DO NOT WORK THERE. Sounds to me like your just asking for trouble with capita now.

Matt

My mum works for them, some are OK. Yesterday the one off the parkway had interviews, i think u just to reception, they give you a number and ring then you arrange an appointment. The receptionist is really friendly.

Dont Work At Capita On Parkway !!!!!

Unless U Wanna Be Working In A Prison

The place is horrific!

They make people scapegoats as they are afraid to say anything to the people who are the real culprits.

They have rubbish pay rises and reviews.

There are a lot of cheats and backstabbers.

The team leaders are the worst.