Has anyone worked for Capita Call Centre?

Crikey this is news! I had no idea they'd lost that contract with Dixons. That's got to be a good thing. My missus loved her job with Dixons, but when Capita took over she sank into hell over two years. She ended up leaving a job she loved of many years to work for the council. Under DGS the training was fantastic, and the customer service was paramount. And my missus was very good at her job. She was gutted to go, but glad to see the back of Decapita.

There's a report on this here anyway. A quick Google found it.

Hi

If anynone wants to talk to me about your expereinces of wokring in acall centre (anonymously) I'd be really keen to know more.

I'm particulary interested in the way that calls are prioritised in terms of better customers (wealthier people) getting better treatment.

Are calls prioritised for you by softwear/post codes ?

Any anecdotes welcome.

Thanks.

:)

I'm particulary interested in the way that calls are prioritised in terms of better customers (wealthier people) getting better treatment.

Not at Capita or any other call centre I've ever worked in (and I've worked in the industry for 15 years.) The only thing remotely like this would be something like the Amex Platinum card where platinum customers have a different number to phone, and their calls are answered more quickly. Effectively, the customer has purchased a higher level of service.

Are calls prioritised for you by softwear/post codes ?

Not at Capita or Dixons. Inbound sales centres may possibly prioritise customers by propensity scoring, which is an on-the-fly scoring system that assesses a customer's credit score, postcode, history with the company, etc. However the lower propensities are more likely to be directed to the self-serve system (where they will be dealt with far more quickly) whereas higher-scoring customers will be actively sold to. However this is quite new (and very expensive) technology which only a few companies currently use.

Like any business, call centres prioritise money-making calls. Hence, the sales lines are always more highly-staffed (and thus answered more quickly) than customer service or cancellation lines. This is true for any business - walk into Sainsburys and count the number of staff members on the till, versus the number of people on the customer service desk!

Thanks for your reply that was really useful.

However this is quite new (and very expensive) technology which only a few companies currently use.

Which compnaies use this new expensive technology - does it have a name?

As previously mentioned avoid the Dixons DSGi Crapita run call centre at Nunnery Square, fate worse than death!

I am sure things will get better when Dixons take over again, they are far better at customer service than crapita are. all crapita are concerned about is fleecing dixons out of as much money as possible. Hopefully it will go back to how it used to be with dixons when people used to enjoy working there and actually had a smile on their face.

To anyone else reading this thread, take my advice avoid working for crapita like the plague, because unless you are in a management position they treat you like something they have stepped in

The problem now is that Dixons have outsourced it once, they'll outsource it again. I still would take some convincing to work there I'm afraid. As I say, the missus loved it years ago under Dixons, but let's be honest, they aren't doing that well these days are they? I reckon they would dump the call centre again at the drop of a hat. Maybe even send it abroad this time.

It's sad really.

they wont out source again, they cant afford to. i think they will keep it in house now

they wont out source again, they cant afford to. i think they will keep it in house now

They can't afford not to! If it wasn't profitable before, it certainly won't be now and they'll look to move it out again before long. The very fact that they've outsourced it previously shows that they don't have long term plans to keep it in house. Sure they'll make it look hunky-dory for a while, then they'll get rid again.

They can't afford not to! If it wasn't profitable before, it certainly won't be now and they'll look to move it out again before long. The very fact that they've outsourced it previously shows that they don't have long term plans to keep it in house. Sure they'll make it look hunky-dory for a while, then they'll get rid again.

They wont outsource it because it would mean paying companies to run it so why not take it back in house and do away with the expense of outsourcing. It will also please the vast majority of staff if it is in house again. They outsourced it before because they had no experience in the contact centre field and thought that capita would be able to smarten it up and still give excellent customer service. Unfortunately as we all know Capita dont give a fxxk about customer service

Unfortunately, in the modern British business landscape, pleasing people is neither here nor there, especially front line staff. Obviously we'll have to agree to disagree. They'll outsource this again before long. Even my missus reckons so, and she worked there for six happy years before Capita came in. They brought them in, not to smarten anything up or because they had no experience. They brought Capita in because they offered a cheaper solution. That's it. Money. And it will happen again.

Nice talking to you DL.

i worked for them for about 4 months and i hated it it wwas like being at school getting told off for not signing in on time . dont work there its a load of sh*t!