Presents, shopping and diabetics.

Anyone know of outlets (not on line, too late) that sell food for diabetics?

Boots do a selection of chocolates, biscuits and preservatives. If that's what you mean by "food" diabetics don't have special food they just need a good balanced diet and to have less sugar.

Edited by shellbelle
Incorrect word

Thornton's do diabetic chocolates. From what I gather, diabetics eat normal food except they need to be careful about sweet stuff.

You could also try Holland & Barrett.

Be careful with diabetic chocs though - they can give the recipient the squits if they over-indulge. I've heard products with Stevia are better, but have no experience of this.

Also a word of caution - diabetic good often still has sugar/carbs in, they usually just have 'no added sugar' as a type 1 diabetic I would always choose normal good, especially chocolate, as I will still have to inject insulin anyway and they taste way better! If it's a type 2 you're buying for I'd still check the carbohydrate content!

Why not just buy flowers?

Diabetic chocolate is disgusting & it'll still be no good for them, you wouldn't want to buy any food labelled diabetic even for your enemies, better stay away from booze too. As long as it's not high sugar they should be fine with any food, just avoid sweet stuff.

Dark chocolate is better for diabetics. As someone has already said, diabetic chocolate is revolting!

Dark chocolate is better for diabetics. As someone has already said, diabetic chocolate is revolting!

I have tried sugar free chocolates and they were great.

Got them from the Carousel Chocolaterie shop on Church street just by the entrance to TKMax.

They do a full range of Handmade Belgium chocolates as well.

My sister is type 1 diabetic and never eats 'diabetic' products - they have far more carbs than you expect

cant really comment on taste, can ya ? what good for you is horseshyte for the other chap !! to each his/her own :-)