Leeds woman may sue for being blown over

I think it all boils down to the fact that the coroner, advised the road should be closed completely to vehicles and pedestrians. It was closed to vehicles but the advice to close it to pedestrians was completely ignored. So therefore they are at fault for not closing it to pedestrians.

I think it all boils down to the fact that the coroner, advised the road should be closed completely to vehicles and pedestrians. It was closed to vehicles but the advice to close it to pedestrians was completely ignored. So therefore they are at fault for not closing it to pedestrians.

Yeh that would be my spin on it in court :)

The coroner advised a road should be shut ? Whilst I don't really want to shout foul, is there a link to this ruling ?

Who is responible tho; the council or the builders/owners?

I think the wind is responsible.

But, I would think the building developers rather than the owners should be responsible. Unless we want it to become necessary to commission a full wind modelling report for every property sale so you can be aware if you are buying a building that could be responsible for injury by wind. And that includes every house purchase.

The building developers are responsible, the council granted the building permits but it would have been based on the developers work which said everything would be ok.

The council don't/should have to conduct all their own surveys for each building as they should be able to trust the developers.

Whoever performed the 'wind analysis' did a very poor job of it, and ultimately got someone killed.