Are there any organisations that require free labour

hi does anyone know of any charities etc that from time to time require building trades services to do jobs for less fortunate ill or elderly people at no cost ?

i would like to offer my labour free of charge if materials are covered i would like to be through a third party as i recon this could be abused by some .

would be good if other people could offer help too when available. i know we all have to pay the bills but if we are sat at home were not losing alot

I need a repair please (well, replacement) section of fencing if you could help, plain fence 9 feet or so, one metre high to keep my garden safe for my little terriers. I will be more than willing to pay for materials, the supporting 4"x4" posts are already there in place, it's just the uprights and the crossbar that need replacing?

many thanks

PT

Edited by Plain Talker
I forgot half of my manners, and omitted the "please". sorry

I need a repair please (well, replacement) section of fencing if you could help, plain fence 9 feet or so, one metre high to keep my garden safe for my little terriers. I will be more than willing to pay for materials, the supporting 4"x4" posts are already there in place, it's just the uprights and the crossbar that need replacing?

many thanks

PT

I think the Op would like to do it for people in dire need not as a freebie for a cheap skate... Unless you are in dire need as your post did not state?

I think the Op would like to do it for people in dire need not as a freebie for a cheap skate... Unless you are in dire need as your post did not state?

you don't know me then do you?

if you looked, you'd see from my post history that I am disabled with a bad heart.

And you know what about Plain Talker???? Not nice to label anyone as a cheap skate when you are not in view of the facts....perhaps you would like to keep your gob shut!

Edit...realises "thetruth" only appears to post to troll....put "thetruth" down....step away from "thetruth" :hihi:

Edited by julado

OP the main way to volunteer these days would be through finding a charity on

http://www.do-it.org.uk/

Just enter your postcode and click through. A number of them could probably use your skills. Maybe Heeley city farm, but it would depend on your skills. There are also charities who focus on assisting the elderly.

The other way of getting an answer would be to contact

http://www.sheffieldvolunteercentre.org.uk/

Its just off Division street where the very old fire service used to be.

can i make it clear please i dont want individuals really contacting me because im in no position to say whether or not they are the type of people i want to help and i dont want to have to judge that .

charities and other organisations would know these things better than I .

there are probably loads of people who would like free work done im not here for that but to hopefully make a difference to those who really need it thankyou

---------- Post added 18-12-2013 at 22:45 ----------

cheers 999 tiger

hi does anyone know of any charities etc that from time to time require building trades services to do jobs for less fortunate ill or elderly people at no cost ?

i would like to offer my labour free of charge if materials are covered i would like to be through a third party as i recon this could be abused by some .

would be good if other people could offer help too when available. i know we all have to pay the bills but if we are sat at home were not losing alot

I am sure if you contacted the Carer's Centre on Bell's Square (off Trippett Lane) they would snatch your hand off. This organisation supports people looking after elderly or disabled people, who tend to have very little time or money to do repairs and maintenance.

I am sure if you contacted the Carer's Centre on Bell's Square (off Trippett Lane) they would snatch your hand off. This organisation supports people looking after elderly or disabled people, who tend to have very little time or money to do repairs and maintenance.

I'll second this post. This is where Sheffield Alzimers society is based , and they would be very gratefully for the kind of help you are offering.

many thanks

PT

I'm soft as owt and if you pay my travel and have the materials I will do it for you at no cost.

Don't listen to some of these on here that say I'm this or that, I will help anyone if they are desperate. I know If I help you I will have at least one person on here that does not think I'm a **** so it will be worth it :D

PM me if you want it doing, as long as you know how to make a cup of tea I will be ok :P

I'd volunteer your services to a charity like Age Concern, or a small local charity like Sheffield Royal Society for the Blind.

I think it's a very generous offer, and I hope other qualified people will join you and do the same.

Thankyou.

Talktalk, great offer. Hope you find a way to make it happen.