What's Wincobank like to live in?

Hey folks,

I've seen a property I quite like in wincobank on elmview road which is just off the bottom of fife street where the premier is along with the Blackburn club.

I don't know anything about the area at all and although I like the house I'd really like some people who live near there to be as honest as they can about what's it's like to live there.

Thanks

its a complete and utter hovel

Totally uncalled for.:o

But true.:thumbsup:

Totally uncalled for.:o

But true.:thumbsup:

Well no point beating around the bush.......

Can I ask why you say that?

Lets just say its the area where Yorkshire cable engineers used to go in pairs...

I've lived in lower Wincobank for 17 years with my family and we love it. On door step to local schools, M1, concord park and Meadowhall. Please feel free to explain why you say it's a complete hovel.

Higher up the hill is better than the bottom of Fife Street - Maplecroft, Newman Drive, Sandstone etc

It's ok not the best but depends what ur looking for.

Rule of thumb for Wincobank is that the higher up the hill you get the nicer it gets. The area around Elmview Road tends to look a bit grimy because it gets all the pollution from the heavy traffic on Ecclesfield Road/Barrow Road and of course the M1.

It does look abit grim down there that's what's put me off abit, the house had almost everything I'm looking for I'm really happy with the house it's just where it is that's bothering me, I have seen another house though on beacons which is further up the hill so may go view that as an alternative but now I understand why it's £25k more up there.