210,000 displaced as Muslims attack Christians in CAR.

I thought this was the whole point of the UN peacekeeping force?

I thought this was the whole point of the UN peacekeeping force?

There isn't a UN peacekeeping force is there?

I thought the French had sent troops as had the African Union. The French always keep an eye on their ex-colonies and are quick to send troops when a country threatens to become unfriendly to French interests.

In all fairness, Central African Republic is not a Muslim country. About 80% of the population are Christian, so what is happening is being carried out by a minority.

That sounds like a minority trying to impose their views on the majority by force of arms.

There isn't a UN peacekeeping force is there?

I thought the French had sent troops as had the African Union. The French always keep an eye on their ex-colonies and are quick to send troops when a country threatens to become unfriendly to French interests.

World interests.

so still no word on the recent bombings in northern Ireland then vinyl?

So I hear. They still don't know who did it. Mind you neither do you. :hihi::hihi:

That sounds like a minority trying to impose their views on the majority by force of arms.

Not a fan of how Victoria created her empire then scabby? ;)

Not a fan of how Victoria created her empire then scabby? ;)

I think it stopped people eating one another 150 years ago. I'm not sure that I would condone it in the 21st century. I suppose it depends whether a nation has emerged from the 19th century or not. What do you think boy?

I think it stopped people eating one another 150 years ago. I'm not sure that I would condone it in the 21st century. I suppose it depends whether a nation has emerged from the 19th century or not. What do you think boy?

I pretty much agree with you, but I guess it's easy to talk when one's been the beneficiary of all that Victorian colonising and swashbuckling :)

It's a bit more complex than that. On the surface it appears to be all one sided, however... there are attacks from Christian militia too. CAR's problems go back a long way, so to blame this on religion alone would be pretty naive.

It's a bit more complex than that. On the surface it appears to be all one sided, however... there are attacks from Christian militia too. CAR's problems go back a long way, so to blame this on religion alone would be pretty naive.

I have no doubt there are attacks from both sides. It would be a pretty strange population who allowed others to murder them in droves without shooting back.That would be like blaming the USA for attacking Japan after Pearl Harbor. Religion in CAR has been a problem for a long time too, and as the violence is pretty much one religious group attacking the other to try to isolate the trouble from religion is very naive indeed.

More violence in Central African Republic as Muslims attack Christians and drive them from their homes.

210,000 displaced.

At least the French are there.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2013/12/un-says-210000-displaced-car-violence-2013121844733714538.html

"In Bangui, our staff are reporting continued shooting and a mood of widespread fear," a UNHCR spokesman said on Tuesday.

"We continue to hear of attacks against Christians by former Seleka [mostly Muslim disbanded militias] with looting, killing and houses being set on fire."

The agency also said that hundreds have risked their lives by fleeing the country by boat across a branch of the Congo River.

The UN World Food Program said on Tuesday that it was resuming food delivery to about 40,000 people near the Bangui airport after the security situation forced the work to stop over the weekend.

The agency also warned that up to a quarter of the mineral-rich nation's 5.2 million population risks going hungry.

You forgot to mention the Christian militia that killed Muslims.

A militia group has killed 27 Muslims in a village in the Central African Republic, the United Nations said on Friday.

The Christian militia, known as anti-Balaka, killed the Muslims on Thursday in Bohong, a village about 75 km (47 miles) from the far western town of Bouar, the U.N. Human Rights office said.

http://www.worldbulletin.net/?aType=haber&ArticleID=124921

This only results in reprisals but I think you were clearly being disingenuous about the whole story.

People should condemn both and stop picking out who is right and who is wrong- it is innocent people getting killed in the mix.

You forgot to mention the Christian militia that killed Muslims.

http://www.worldbulletin.net/?aType=haber&ArticleID=124921

This only results in reprisals but I think you were clearly being disingenuous about the whole story.

People should condemn both and stop picking out who is right and who is wrong- it is innocent people getting killed in the mix.

Al Jazeera would be a strange place to look for source material that was biased against Muslims. The news reports I've seem suggest that Al Qaeda were kidnapping Europeans and using ransom money to fund a war in Central Africa. It is difficult to imagine a community under terrorist attack is going to sit idly by whist they are murdered.

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2013/12/al-qaeda-leaders-say-jihad-is-being-paid-for-by-europe.html

Edited by Scabbydog