R.I.P Ronnie Biggs

he was held up as a hero against the system for the escaping not the robbery i believe

:roll:

So...... his crime was irrelevant to these people who laud him? And to you too I presume?

This is really mixed-up thinking of those who think he was to be praised! Weird weird priorities.

Most of the time I can at least see where you are coming from MTB, but not on this occasion.

---------- Post added 18-12-2013 at 13:06 ----------

yeah right , like that other make believe hero in S africa

rest in peas :D

I don't really think the two are comparable.

At least when Mandella conspired to kill innocents there was a cause. It wasn't just selfish theft.

Correct me if I am wrong but the £2.6 million (the equivalent of £46 million today) that was stolen was taken from a state run company. So he stole from ALL of us! How does that make him a folk hero?

I'm thinking the people who think Biggs is a hero are the same people who thought Raoul Moat was one too!

I'm guessing the hero worship of Ronnie Biggs is some sort of punk thing seeing as he made a crap record with the Sex Pistols once, but really, Mel, I think you're wrong on this one.

I'm guessing the hero worship of Ronnie Biggs is some sort of punk thing seeing as he made a crap record with the Sex Pistols once, but really, Mel, I think you're wrong on this one.

Agree with you.

I bet a lot more people suffered and maybe topped themselves when the bankers nicked all their dosh.

Doesn't deserve to RIP,didn't end the career of the driver,ended his life.

Jack Mills died of leukemia 7 years after the robbery ,there was no connection to the injuries received in the robbery.

he was held up as a hero against the system for the escaping not the robbery i believe

---------- Post added 18-12-2013 at 12:12 ----------

nope, gone exactly as I thought, since its the usual right wingers replying :roll:

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Jack Mills died of leukemia 7 years after the robbery ,there was no connection to the injuries received in the robbery.

That doesnt exclude the injuries from the robbery finishing his career though.

again spiting the system, again on his terms not theirs

You are a true rebel Mel :hihi:

He was never the same,to me end of life.