Question for the smoker outside the Nottingham Broomhill

I'd just like to ask the woman who was stood outside the Nottingham in Broomhill at around 8.30 having a smoke, 40s, blonde hair, who turned around and saw the bus going past and very deliberately threw her lit fag at the bus, narrowly missing the open window and landing inside - errm, why??? What the hell was that about?

Maybe shes hacked off not being chatted up like in tesco yesterday

I would like to ask why the window was open on the bus during a cold December morning?

I would like to ask why the window was open on the bus during a cold December morning?

This evening. I don't know why it was open really, whether it was open or not doesn't really explain the mentality of a grown adult throwing a lit fag at a moving vehicle.

I'd just like to ask the woman who was stood outside the Nottingham in Broomhill at around 8.30 having a smoke, 40s, blonde hair, who turned around and saw the bus going past and very deliberately threw her lit fag at the bus, narrowly missing the open window and landing inside - errm, why??? What the hell was that about?

She may have been trying to avoid the risk of a £50 on-the-spot-littering fine that can come with throwing cigarette butts on the street.

It's a hot topic on many of the smokers forums, as smokers are irrate that some councils seem to be issuing huge numbers of fines to smokers as 'cash cows'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21200058

Some smokers have pointed out that the current littering laws relating to cigarette butts apply only to butts dropped in the street/public highways.

There is currently no littering law that specifically relates to the disposing of cigarette butts in passing road vehicles; so, many smokers who aware of the issue, have started taking advantage of, say, a convenient passing bus, to avoid the risk of fines.

What did the armed response unit say when you reported her ?

What did the armed response unit say when you reported her ?

Where does it say I reported her?

Might not be as irate as the op (not irate at all), but youd be pretty annoyed if you were hit in the face with someones discarded cigarette. Pretty anti social and pointless thing to do.

Might not be as irate as the op (not irate at all), but youd be pretty annoyed if you were hit in the face with someones discarded cigarette. Pretty anti social and pointless thing to do.

Only if it was thrown by one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

I should clarify I'm not actually irate, I'm just genuinely baffled.

I should clarify I'm not actually irate, I'm just genuinely baffled.

Have a look here.