Left handed knitter needs help

Can anyone help please? My wife has knitted a jumper with V neck. She needs to pick up the stitches for the neckband. However it is saying with RS facing pick up down the left edge up the right edge and the across the back. She is left handed and cannot knit that way. She would like to know if she starts with WS facing will it make any difference. Or is there another solution? Thank you

If it's a symmetrical neckband ; with right side facing pick up down right edge , up left edge and across back. If it's asymmetrical it may need more studying!

A friend of mine is a lefty and I'm sure she picks up the stitches with RS facing but just goes around the neck the other way so it would be down the right edge, up the left edge and across the back of the neck. Just means the join is on the other side which shouldn't be noticable once everything is done.