Netflix on Virginmedia

So I've been told I can't get netflix on virgin media unless I upgrade to the million pound a month package. (I'm on the basic package). I thought you'd just pay the 5.99 a month and off you go.

Is there no way around this?!

You can get it on pc, many games consoles and tablet

A million pound a month sounds abit much tbh

Netflix and Virgin have pretty much nothing to do with each other.

You are paying the £5.99 to Netflix. Virgin just so happen to not allow to allow the Netflix to be used on anything but their premium package.

As above, you can use Netflix on just about anything with internet access. If you have a laptop/tablet or whatever, you could perhaps get that hooked up to run through the TV if that's where you really want to watch Netflix.

Netflix and Virgin have pretty much nothing to do with each other.

You are paying the £5.99 to Netflix. Virgin just so happen to not allow to allow the Netflix to be used on anything but their premium package.

As above, you can use Netflix on just about anything with internet access. If you have a laptop/tablet or whatever, you could perhaps get that hooked up to run through the TV if that's where you really want to watch Netflix.

Yes but I think this would involve wires that I have no idea how to use :loopy:

lol

Yes but I think this would involve wires that I have no idea how to use :loopy:

lol

You could watch it on your laptop or computer if it is of decent spec.

So I've been told I can't get netflix on virgin media unless I upgrade to the million pound a month package. (I'm on the basic package). I thought you'd just pay the 5.99 a month and off you go.

Is there no way around this?!

You can still get it as long as you have a Tivo box. You can get one month free trial direct with Netflix and you just log in using the app or going to channel 204. If you are Vip or Premier packages you can get 6 months free but you need to sign up to a new 12 month contract. Basically you get a 6 month credit on your netflix account.

You can still get it as long as you have a Tivo box. You can get one month free trial direct with Netflix and you just log in using the app or going to channel 204. If you are Vip or Premier packages you can get 6 months free but you need to sign up to a new 12 month contract. Basically you get a 6 month credit on your netflix account.

I don't understand, so I can just pay the 5.99? I have a tivo box, I just don't want to upgrade to the vip or premier package as it's too expensive - I just wanted to add netflix to my standard account.

I don't understand, so I can just pay the 5.99? I have a tivo box, I just don't want to upgrade to the vip or premier package as it's too expensive - I just wanted to add netflix to my standard account.

Oh sorry I didn't realise you had Tivo. In that case yeah you are half way there already and don't need to upgrade.

I've got a Tivo box. Just do the following...

Home - Apps & Games - Featured Apps - Netflix

And there you are. Might be worth signing up on the computer online on the Netflix site as it's easier than signing up using your remote control. But up to you really.