Help with homeless charity Xmas Meal

Hi All,

It's that time of year again and after the overwhelming generosity of the people in and around Sheffield last year we would love to recreate our client Christmas meal with your wonderful donations.

So..CAN YOU HELP (POSSIBLY AGAIN) ?

Ben’s Centre is a unique charity (Charity Number: 1087606) that provides day services for Sheffield homeless and most vulnerable people in our community. We are a small charity based project in Sheffield City Centre and we depend on generous donations for our livelihood.

As Christmas is fast approaching we would love to be able to provide a sense of warmth and celebration to some of Sheffield's most lonely, isolated and often desperate individuals. In such circumstance we would love to give our clients a festive Christmas lunch in the coming weeks. We cannot however achieve this without the generosity of Sheffield people.

In this case can YOU or anyone/company you know help us? Do you have any type of produce for our Xmas lunch? Any donation would be much appreciated!

Thanks all for your time,

Ben's Centre

Please let us know what you want and for what date. I have a bag of very heavy nearly new fleeces which I am planning to bring down to you. Happy to bring some food as well if you can start a list.

Please let us know what you want and for what date. I have a bag of very heavy nearly new fleeces which I am planning to bring down to you. Happy to bring some food as well if you can start a list.

Hi

Thanks so much for getting back to us.

Fleeces are brilliant; any shape, size and colour! Our clients will be extremely grateful.

Our client Xmas meal is this Friday and currently we don't have much food for it. A turkey crown would be wonderful; or any piece of meat to be honest! We have about 25-30 mouths to feed. Potatoes, sprouts, yorkshire puddings, carrots would all be great.

Ben's Centre

Give underwood meats at Rotherham a ring,they sell turkey crowns.You might get lucky and get one donated.

sounds very nice of you to help the homeless good on you

How do we get them to you? I have a gammon joint i would donate, i got it as part of a food parcel but i dont like gammon xxx

How do we get them to you? I have a gammon joint i would donate, i got it as part of a food parcel but i dont like gammon xxx

That would be brilliant if would could have it for the client meal. Are you able to drop it off? We are located in the city centre; just off West St a road called Orange St. Open 10.30-3.00pm today, Tues and Thurs.

Ben's Centre

Have you put the request out on the local radio stations?

Have you tried all the local supermarkets?

Have you been to the stalls in the new market? If you cant get to the market then you could try tweeting them on their twitter site or ask permission to put the appeal on their facebook page.

Send them to your websiote or of you are going in person put the video on a smartphone. Play it them.

Edited by 999tigger

I will bring it down tmw, its frozen, do you want me to start defrosting it or can you defrost it once you have got it .............. so between 10.30 - 1.00pm tmw will that be ok ? xxx

I will bring it down tmw, its frozen, do you want me to start defrosting it or can you defrost it once you have got it .............. so between 10.30 - 1.00pm tmw will that be ok ? xxx

Don't worry about defrosting it; we will sort that.

Between 10.30am-1.00pm tomorrow is perfect. Thanks so much.

I have 2 x Christmas puddings I could bring? Happy to donate some veg as well. Can bring on Thursday.