Have you lost a bag in Hillsborough?

maybe, but the OP still deserves recognition for trying to find the owner.

maybe, but the OP still deserves recognition for trying to find the owner.

Thanks for that, I just did the honest thing that any decent person would do. I've never said that I didn't hand it in, I didn't want to say where incase somebody tried to claim it.

I tried to find them, me and my mum waited to see if they returned and i left a note underneath an aerosol can in the place we found it. There was nothing in the bag to identify them.

This thread was just put on here in case they were a forum user. Like I said I'll not bother posting if it happened again.

At this busy time of year, I personally wouldn't have bothered taking it to the Police Station with it only being a bag of shopping, and I wouldn't trust B & M not to just put the stuff back on the shelves.

You did your bit .. ignore those that are so smug on here.

You need to man up mate, you do sound really petty.

"the truth",can you tell me why you have posted this, have you nothing of meaning to post?

wiggie top person, other people would have said nothing to anybody, you ARE trying to reunite the bag with its owner well done.

There are two issues here.

1. You find a bag and what to do with it? Nobody has suggested anything other than it was a good thing that people try and locate the owner because nobody likes to lose things and its nice to know there are honest people out there.

I merely asked why she hadnt handed it back to B&M?

This would make sense or if you dont trust B&M for whatever reason then the police. Why? Because imagine someone loses something then you retrace your steps i.e where you have been or if it was more important (containing cash and important documents), then you would check with the police.

2. I didn't expect to get quite an ill mannered PM from this wiggie person as I dont think my quite innocuous post warranted it.

I don't understand why I have been questioned like I have on this. If its not your bag then move along.

I don't understand why I have been questioned like I have on this. If its not your bag then move along.

Because I thought your PM was pretty rude and unwelcome.

And I thought your post was rude and unwelcome so thats us square.

I merely asked why you hadnt just handed it in at the shop in whose car park you found it. It was a pretty neutral question.

Enough of this handbags at ten paces nonsense. Happy Christmas and I hope the bag finds its owner.

I honestly wish I hadn't bothered posting this thread.

I only put this message on here in case the person had got home and not realised where they left it.

I am aware that the chances of them seeing it are slim, hence I put 'this is a long shot' I was being deliberately vague. Hence I sent the private message to the 999tigger person to explain this which they then posted on here.

I'll not bother posting on here again if I ever find anything.

ignore the comments that are negative, you have done the right thing posting on here as someone will know someone else etc that may have lost it, its a great site on here as I have reunited a dog within hours of it going missing from its garden, and it was a great feeling so don't be upset and keep using forum as it has thousands of members ;)