Poll, Toby Foster on or off ?

Should Toby Foster be on our radio ?  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Should Toby Foster be on our radio ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares

I've enjoyed listening to Toby. But he's not irreplaceable. Let's just hope that we get some new talent in. I can't imagine that any of the existing presenters are up to the mark.

I thought Tony Capstick died before Facebook was set up?

There was petitions though, and they was presented to the stations concerned, also then they allowed people to phone in about it and speak there mind, doesn't seem like R S is going to do that on this occasion though.

toby foster was one in a million someone who never pussy footed around anyone , one of my highlights was his interview with doncasters former mayor , radio sheffield need him !!!!!!!!!!

I fully agree what an interview.He would not let him of the hook.A typical politician not wanting to give a straight answer .More please.not less.If the manager can not spot the jewel in the crown may be he should go .

Its saying so far about 60% of listeners like him, about 25% don't and the rest probably don't listen or don't care who is on.

Its still got a few days yet to go but at least it gives us an idea of his popularity. :)

Simple question, do you think Toby Foster should have the radio job or not ?

Having seen the topic on his sacking I noticed that he really is a marmite man and peoples feelings about the man are poles apart, and I wondered just how it would swing either way in a poll or if it would be quite even.

I have given my views on him in the other topic and don't feel the need to slate the man in this one, but I reaffirm that I am against him being on radio and leave it at that.

So, where do YOU stand ?

He can't be that bad if he likes Marmite! :love:

All this poll proves is what the posters on SF think, most who have admitted they don't listen to RS. Seeing RS has thousand more listeners than this poll I'm not disheartened by the results. BRING BACK TOBY, I'm missing your morning banter.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolsterstone

518 members on the Save our Toby Facebook group

---------- Post added 14-12-2013 at 20:38 ----------

In 24 hours may I add!

With an estimated population of 1.34 million people living in South Yorkshire....that's nowt

518 Hallam would be well happy with those for listening figures

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

All this poll proves is what the posters on SF think, most who have admitted they don't listen to RS. Seeing RS has thousand more listeners than this poll I'm not disheartened by the results. BRING BACK TOBY, I'm missing your morning banter.:)

It doesn't even prove that! :roll:

What about all of us who find forum polls a total waste of time and so can't even be bothered to vote for any of the options?

Maybe we should have a poll to see how many of us that is? ;)

My drive to work is definitely not the same, its a bit too early for music and I cant find a viable alternative :-(

Really enjoyed his morning show. Toby has South Yorkshire roots and is interested in local matters. His shows are a good mixture of humour, light hearted subjects and serious matters of local interest. Listen on my way to work and he really cheers me up. I don't particular want to listen to music on the way to work. I normally listen to Talksport, Radio 5 or Radio 4 but prefer Toby's show. Probably turn Radio Sheff. off now with possible exception when the Blades are on live