Sign in to follow this  

Wadsley Park Village- Future phases?

Hi- I've been keeping an eye on the Wadsley Park Village (WPV) new-build development in Hillsborough for a couple of years now. When looking to buy a home in 2004, I had a look round the development and liked it, but at the time, the homes were out of my price range.

At the moment there are at least three developers (Redrow, Bloor and Larkland LTD) building homes on the site. Their developments all seem to have a completion date of summer 2006. Are these the final homes planned for the site?

Do you know if there are any future phases planned for the WPV dev which will have completion dates from spring/summer 2007 onwards?

Ta,

Lib1

There seem to be quite a few WPV dwellers on this forum... surely someone must know something!

As far as I can tell, the developments are all pretty much due to finish Summer 2006 due to the fact they've built on all the land they were given permission to build on. Larkland haven't started theirs yet but they've only got a bit on land and it's set for 4 bungalows. They are still supposed to be developing the clock tower and church into apartments if that is of interest to you. I presume you are after something completely new to you? If not there are quite a few for sale at the moment and the market seems to fairly static so you could always try a cheeky offer!

Hello from me. If you live on Wadsley Park Village you will find pinned to the noticeboard near the church the 1st edition of the MIDDLEWOOD MESSENGER.

Its not loads of information, but I just wanted to get it out there and let everyone know there was a place to find out whats happening in the area.

The address for sending in letters, info or ideas is at the bottom. Obviously your feedback would be appreciated and if you have something to include let me know. :thumbsup:

Hello, the middlewood messenger is quite useful. I look forward to strolling by just to see whats up.

I wonder if anyone in the forum is having problems with noisy boys in the area. It is becoming quite a nuisance for a group of young boys who perform skate boarding stunts with ramps and all, at the side of my house. The racket from the falling skateboards does not help with my daytime rest after my night shifts. Once I had scold one of them who was skateboarding on my wall and jumping off!! I do not think they understand what serious injury could have resulted because they were at it again the following day.

I did not want to approach their parents because I was not sure where they lived and neither did I want to cause any neighbourly tensions.

If anyone else has similar problems please post it. If any parents can counsel their kids that will be appreciated.

I am hoping things will improve once the playground opens.

Moving from the Manor already? You've only been there 2 minutes! :hihi: :hihi:

Hello, the middlewood messenger is quite useful. I look forward to strolling by just to see whats up.

I wonder if anyone in the forum is having problems with noisy boys in the area. It is becoming quite a nuisance for a group of young boys who perform skate boarding stunts with ramps and all, at the side of my house. The racket from the falling skateboards does not help with my daytime rest after my night shifts. Once I had scold one of them who was skateboarding on my wall and jumping off!! I do not think they understand what serious injury could have resulted because they were at it again the following day.

I did not want to approach their parents because I was not sure where they lived and neither did I want to cause any neighbourly tensions.

If anyone else has similar problems please post it. If any parents can counsel their kids that will be appreciated.

I am hoping things will improve once the playground opens.

If you have any problems you need to identify the source and let someone know. I would be surprised if if was a group of kids from Winn as they have lots of facilities for boarding. Any problems email below.

Lib1

Have you moved in the Manor Parklands apartments now? How is it going? I am thinking of whether to buy one of the 2 bed townhouses in the Parklands developments. Saw the showhouses today and they look quite nice. Any opinions on the Parklands developments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks