Sheffield Wednesday and United merge - good idea?

Sheffield Wednesday and United merge - good idea?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Sheffield Wednesday and United merge - good idea?

• No way! Keep them separate
    • Yes merge - it's Sheffield's only chance
    • Who cares - it's only football!
    • It would be impossible to merge them

TopBlade-ftp, you are more than welcome to post on the forum if you can control the swearing and tone in your posts. The usual procedure is to submit interesting posts or topics which can be argued, agreed with or debated, if you are unable to do so I suggest you head to a more appropriate forum like those on network54 where schoolboys like you post, because your embarrassing yourself on here !!!!!

The Blades are going up, the blades r going up, and now ur gonna believe us and now ur gonna believe us, and now ur gonna believe us - THE BLADES R GOING UP!

Erm... i dont think so - for one what good will wednesday do to da mint side of sheff utd newayy :D (lol - joke) and the main events in sheffield is the derbys!!! Plus - which stadium would we use - what colours, what badge, what manager, what division - 2 many things to sort out and it just cant be done!

the home terraces would run blood red - there are too many idiots on both sides to make any sort of merger anything but a definite no-no.

As a Owl, I'd be appauled if we merged rather than go out of business.

Wednesday till I die

M.

sheffield wed N' utd as one club hahaha[...]haahahahhaa give over

Robyn

We'll use Don Valley Stadium (after a refit), use the white stripe of their kit and the red and black stripe of our kit.

As for the squad, they've only got about 5 players left so we'll put them in the reserves to start with okay!! :D

I think that sorts out the 1st team problems.

Cardiff here we come!

Originally posted by "geoffbowen"

Sheffield is the 5th largest city in the UK and we don't have a premiership team :( . How would feel if the two clubs (Wednesday and United) decided to merge and form a 'super club'?

How DARE you suggest such filth Geoff?

Just when I was thinkin that this place had an ounce of self respect, you go and say some stupid comment like that!

You should be hung drawn a quatered for such a remark!

That's like asking Man U and Man City to merge! (except we all know Man U are loaded)!

Anyway, they could just share a stadium rather than merge teams (not my choice, but it would save money)!

Or better yet, just disband Sheffield Wednesday (cos United were here first and are by far a superior team) and leave Sheff U to be what everyone feels it is..... the PRIDE of Sheffield!!!

errrmmm......

DaBouncer wrote:

Or better yet, just disband Sheffield Wednesday (cos United were here first and are by far a superior team) and leave Sheff U to be what everyone feels it is..... the PRIDE of Sheffield!!!

"cos United were here first" ?

Where ?

Sheffield Wednesday Founded 1867

Sheffield United Founded 1889

Wednesday Pride of Sheffield

We cannot argue with facts.

By the way, did you know that Utd were called the Owls to begin with! Yeuch. Glad we changed that :)

JonHarrison wrote:

By the way, did you know that Utd were called the Owls to begin with!

I think that Wednesday were nicknamed 'The Blades' and United 'The Cutlers' originally Jon.

Wednesday became the Owls when they moved to Owlerton !

Was it the cricket team that was called the owls then? Remember my father saying something to this effect.

Utd came from the cricket team didnt we??

Wouldnt all this history and nostalgia be lost if we applied the cold hard economics of business? Should we support uneconomic clubs because they are part of the community or should they be just judged as businesses?

The Wednesday Football Club were founded by The Wednesday Cricket club Jon, if that helps.

Going to have to do a little delving in the internet archives :?