Parking outside my own house

Struggled to read your post due to lack of grammar and punctuation.

struggled to read your post due to lack of grammar and punctuation.

:hihi:..........

I have to put up with lots of things that I didn't vote for. That is one of the perils of democracy. In this case, I've gone from being unable to park within a mile of my house during the day, to being able to post on my own road. £36 well spent for me. It is only half a tank of petrol, after all.

I will give Sheffield Council lots of credit on this. I made several objections to their proposed scheme where I live. They responded to all of them and acted on most of them. It wasn't just a case of like it or lump it. The consultation was genuine.

If you want one of these schemes in fine,But the ones that vote it in should pay extra to cover the cost of the people who don't,Then they should be given free permits.We all have to pay for things like council tax increases to which we have no control of.but parking schemes are different it's the likes of you who wants them so you should pay for them.This benefits no one else but you who wants it.

If you want one of these schemes in fine,But the ones that vote it in should pay extra to cover the cost of the people who don't,Then they should be given free permits.We all have to pay for things like council tax increases to which we have no control of.but parking schemes are different it's the likes of you who wants them so you should pay for them.This benefits no one else but you who wants it.

You are wrong. The schemes are consulted on properly. In a democracy, the majority get their way. That is a good thing in my opinion.

Nobody forces you to own a car. Nobody forces you to park in a permit zone. Either go with the flow, or move, or park elsewhere.

They are a good thing in general.

But what they do is count the number of people who didn't express a preference as a vote for the scheme:suspect:

No they don't.

All comments are noted in a consultation report no matter what they say. No inference at all is drawn from people not commenting. They just didn't comment. No one can draw any inference either way from that.

If you had taken the trouble to read any of the scheme consultation reports you would know this.

You are wrong. The schemes are consulted on properly. In a democracy, the majority get their way. That is a good thing in my opinion.

Nobody forces you to own a car. Nobody forces you to park in a permit zone. Either go with the flow, or move, or park elsewhere.

They are a good thing in general.

You obviously don't understand my point. Like I've said In previous posts

If there is 100 people on your road, 51 for a scheme 49 against and its brought in that's not democratic that's dictatorship.By the way no one forces you to live there that's your choice, like I've said if you don't like the fact you can't park up outside your house move to somewhere else instead of inflicting more charges on other people who don't want or can't afford it.It also has a knock on affect to other services who need to carry out work at peoples houses,Why should they have to pay to park just to carry out work at even poss your house???

i get this sort of thing all the time but if the car as got road tax on it the owner can park as he/she likes

No they don't.

All comments are noted in a consultation report no matter what they say. No inference at all is drawn from people not commenting. They just didn't comment. No one can draw any inference either way from that.

If you had taken the trouble to read any of the scheme consultation reports you would know this.

so give us a refresh of how the voting works.

on a street with 100 houses on including

voters for.

voters against.

and non voters.

Your not allowed to call it that ! :o

Not a question of "not being allowed" to call it road tax. It's a question of it not being a road tax, but a vehicle tax.

Anyway, even with a permit scheme, you still wouldn't have any preferential right to park outside your house.

Buy a blow up car to leave there when you go out :)

---------- Post added 21-12-2013 at 09:05 ----------

Ang on, no one sells inflatable cars :(

Well someone should ! :D

so give us a refresh of how the voting works.

on a street with 100 houses on including

voters for.

voters against.

and non voters.

Voters for 33%

Voters against 33%

Non Voters 33%

Voters For wins

Same issue on my street.

To apply for resident/permit parking

the council will only entertain it if it is done

in blocks. As in 3-4 streets together & not