Smoke alarm testing selfies- win pizza

We're trying to encourage people to test their smoke alarms ahead of the busy winter period, when our data shows people are more likely to have a house fire than at any other time of the year.

We'd like you to send us a photo of you testing your alarms, either via our competition page on Facebook here or simply by emailing it to press@syfire.gov.uk

In return, we'll enter you into a free prize draw to win one of twenty £10 Pizza Hut gift cards.

The competition closes on Tuesday. Good luck! :)

Bit then won't I die of an heart attack in the near future?

Bit then won't I die of an heart attack in the near future?

Of course we recommend only eating pizza in moderation and as part of a balanced healthy diet! ;)

Aww wish this was last week, I could have sent you a photo of me hiding under the duvet at 6am whilst one of my smoke alarams went 'BATTERY LOW...BOOP BOOP BOOP...BATTERY LOW' in a really annoying voice every ten seconds.

Aww wish this was last week, I could have sent you a photo of me hiding under the duvet at 6am whilst one of my smoke alarams went 'BATTERY LOW...BOOP BOOP BOOP...BATTERY LOW' in a really annoying voice every ten seconds.

It would have made an interesting pic! We take it you have replaced the batteries now?

Of course we recommend only eating pizza in moderation and as part of a balanced healthy diet! ;)

Aaahhh of course! I like the flaming hot one....

You can make light of it, but pizza is far from healthy, and, of those who eat pizza regularly and frequently, many will suffer from heart attacks, diabetes, stroke and general unnecessary (i.e. wouldn't have happened if they had a healthy diet) health issues.

Check your U.S. equivalent- firefighter Rip Esselstyn to see how he turned around the health of his own firefighing team through diet change-

https://www.google.com/search?q=rip+Esselstyn&hl=en

while I applaud efforts to encourage people to check their fire alarms, IMO 'one of twenty £10 Pizza Hut gift cards' is a rubbish prize, and has the serious downside that the only people who are going to be enticed by it are those who eat junk food.

What about all those who care about their health too much to eat pizza? Shouldn't you be targetting them as well?

You can make light of it, but pizza is far from healthy, and, of those who eat pizza regularly and frequently, many will suffer from heart attacks, diabetes, stroke and general unnecessary (i.e. wouldn't have happened if they had a healthy diet) health issues.

Check your U.S. equivalent- firefighter Rip Esselstyn to see how he turned around the health of his own firefighing team through diet change-

while I applaud efforts to encourage people to check their fire alarms, IMO 'one of twenty £10 Pizza Hut gift cards' is a rubbish prize, and has the serious downside that the only people who are going to be enticed by it are those who eat junk food.

What about all those who care about their health too much to eat pizza? Shouldn't you be targetting them as well?

There's always one on SF:rolleyes:

Oh for god's sake!!

I'd say that the majority of people in South Yorkshire will eat pizza - a minority won't.

I say it's better for them to aim this at the majority of people rather than the minority, don't you? A chance to save more lives?

Me and my family would love a pizza, so I'll be entering.. :thumbsup:

Do you still do house visits to check for safety and install alarms?

Keep testing! Also listen for warning blips.

I had two kindly donated / fitted by the fire service about 2 years ago.

I have replaced one because the battery was tired. It was a sealed unit in which the battery was expected to last 10 years I know time flies... but!

I sincerely hope that the Fire lads didn't have a batch with poor batteries. So get testing and listening for the odd weird bleep.

Pizza donations however will be gratefully accepted. :)

We're trying to encourage people to test their smoke alarms ahead of the busy winter period, when our data shows people are more likely to have a house fire than at any other time of the year.

We'd like you to send us a photo of you testing your alarms, either via our competition page on Facebook here or simply by emailing it to press@syfire.gov.uk

In return, we'll enter you into a free prize draw to win one of twenty £10 Pizza Hut gift cards.

The competition closes on Tuesday. Good luck! :)

would'nt like to make those prizes free carbon monoxide detectors would you?

not a pizza fan but have two smoke alarms but no CO detector - yet.